In March 2016, Quantexa was founded by a team with decades of experience in software, data and advanced analytics. We know the opportunity was big, every business with data at its core can benefit from what we're doing, so we can hit the ground hard, pioneering a contextual approach.
In just over four years, we've grown from a few desks huddled in the corner of a shared space to having over 260 staff worldwide! Having just completed our Series C funding round, attracting more than $90m in investment, we are now in a scale up phase.
We are looking for full stack software developers to join the R&D team to work on our new and innovative products which are used to tackle some of the most complex problems in the Fraud and Financial crime industry.What will you be doing?
In this role you will be working on building new back end and front-end features on our flagship product Quantexa Explorer.
Our products process huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity. The user interface we provide enables users to conduct complex investigations into fraud and financial crime cases and visualise complex networks of criminal activity.
On the back end, our services are primarily written in Scala and deployed as microservices. We are huge fans of functional and strongly typed programming, making use of libraries such as Cats and Shapeless. We also use Akka and Monix to help build scalable, highly performant, distributed services. We utilise techniques such as event sourcing and CQRS in our persistence layer to ensure our datastores are scalable and flexible.
The front end has been developed using modern front-end tools and frameworks such as TypeScript, Angular 6+ and ngrx and has been designed from the ground up to be highly extensible and allow for customisation to meet varying requirements.RequirementsWe are looking for candidates who
Experience In The Following Would Be Beneficial
- Take pride in designing, building, and delivering high quality well engineered solutions to complex problems.
- Have experience functional programming using Scala AND/OR experience using modern front-end frameworks, ideally Angular 2+.
- Have experience with the full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment.
- Want to build a rich, data driven application.
- Take a big picture approach to solving problems, taking care to ensure that the solution works well within the wider system.
- Love working with the latest technology.
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK's fastest-growing Start-ups.
- Working across the entire software stack from the server‐side and batch processing components to the front‐end web development.
- Working with Java and the JVM.
- Has a keen eye for detail with regards to design and UX.
- Knowledge working with any of the following technologies or libraries Akka, Monix, Cats. Shapeless, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Gradle, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes.
You will be joining Quantexa's R&D team which currently consists of over 40 engineers, working across the front and back end of the application.BenefitsWhy join Quantexa?
We know that just having an excellent glass door rating isn't enough so brand-new WeWork office and put together a competitive package as a way of saying thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus
- Private Healthcare, Life Insurance, and Income Protection
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Amazing work environment