is currently recruiting for a Data Architect
to join our team on a permanent
basis. This role will require flexibility to travel to client sites, and is can be based in Sheffield or Bristol.
Please note due to current COVID restrictions this role will be remote working until restrictions have been lifted.About UsMethods Analytics
exists to improve society by helping people make better decisions with data. Combining passionate people, sector-specific insight and technical excellence to provide our customers an end-to-end data service. We use a collaborative, creative and user centric approach data to do good and solve difficult problems. And ensure that our outputs are transparent, robust and transformative.
We value discussion and debate as part of our approach. We will question assumptions, ambition and process - but do so with respect and humility. We relish difficult problems, and overcome them with innovation, creativity and technical freedom to help us design optimum solutions. Ethics, privacy and quality are at the heart of our work and we will not sacrifice these for outcomes. We treat data with respect and use it only for the right purpose. Our people are positive, dedicated and relentless. Data is a vast topic, but we strive for interactions that are engaging, informative and fun in equal measure. But maintain a steely focus on outcomes and delivering quality products for our customers.
As a Data Architect
, you will work with other members of the delivery team across a mix of large and small projects and be responsible for working with business and technology stakeholders. Translating business problems into technical designs, creating optimal designs through iterative processes, aligning user needs with organisational objectives and system requirements. And looking beyond the immediate technical problem and identify the wider implications.
You will advocate the business benefit of data standards, championing and governing those standards across projects and the organisation. You will also have an overall perspective on business issues, events and activities, and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact. This will include determining patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements.
You will be able to recognise and exploit business opportunities to ensure efficient and effective performance of organisations, developing and setting architecture standards for an organisation. Presenting, communicating and disseminating data appropriately and with high impact. You will also make and guide effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached with the ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
You will have solid experience in a range of technologies and be able to make assessments as to what is best to be used for the projects and the organisation. As well as suggest and develop innovative approaches within constrained projects and environments.RequirementsThe Data Architect will
Ideal Candidates will demonstrate
- Design technical services selecting from a core set of digital platforms and technologies
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context of the project.
- Make complex technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences.
- Translate technical concepts, advocate and communicate the functions of the team to create trust and authenticity, and can respond to challenge.
- Provide support and technical input to bids
- Be aware of and keep up to date with advances in data services and architectural practices.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Ensure that risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented.
- Recognise and exploit business opportunities to ensure efficient and effective performance of organisations.
- Explore new ways of conducting business and organisational processes.
- Understand different tools and can compare different data models.
- Reverse-engineer a data model from a live system.
- Log, analyse and manage problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution.
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Extensive experience with Azure and AWS
- Have strong software development and application architecture experience, with good knowledge of modern open source and proprietary technology and cloud / on premise platform based technologies
- Understanding of the government digital service manual and standards across Discovery/Alpha/Beta/Live phases
- Commercial experience of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS technologies
- Have attention to detail and ability to QA own and other team member's work
BenefitsMethods Analytics is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.By joining us you can expect
- Exposure to high performing, low latency or large volume data systems (i.e. 1 billion+ records, terabyte size database)
- You can make and guide effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached.
- You must have the ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with GDS practices
- Worked as part of multi-disciplinary project team. For example collaboration with UR/UX
As well as this, we offerDevelopment
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and trainingWellness
24/7 Confidential employee assistance programmeSocial -
office parties, pizza Friday and commitment to charitable causesTime off
25 days a yearPension
Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contributionDiscretionary Company Bonus
based on company and individual performanceLife Assurance
of 4 times base salaryPrivate Medical Insurance
which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)Worldwide Travel Insurance
which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)