Who are we?
We are innovators, we do what we do because we believe in a connected world. Our mission is to provide innovation that extends the global reach of connectivity for our customers.
We are a pre-revenue start-up, creating an innovative and disruptive low-profile multi-beam satellite communications terminals for mobile and fixed applications. Our mission is to enable access beyond traditional markets by providing an effective and affordable solution to the 53% of the global population who still remain unconnected. Our world class team is focussed on pioneering the industrialization of optical devices from the scientific field of 'transformational optics' which unlocks numerous benefits within the industry.We are GROWING!
Isotropic Systems is growing fast with a fantastic 54% headcount increase since the start of the global pandemic, but it doesn't end there, we're continuing to expand our workforce with an exciting and ambitious hiring plan for 2021. So if you think you've got what it takes to be an Isotropian, hit the apply button!Lead RF ASIC Architect
As the RF ASIC Architect you will join our innovative fast-paced Active Circuits Engineering team. You will be defining and managing a complex Integrated RF Transceiver ASIC through all phases of development. You will have design resource management experience to ensure verification and development of design work load in line with key milestones. Candidates must have an in-depth understanding of communication systems to play a critical role in defining and realizing the final products and the advanced features of the systems.RequirementsSkills & Experience
- A proven commercial track record of taking complex IC from design to production
- Have managed one and more complex IC design from concept to production
- Adept at working with/ leading a cross functional project team
- In-depth knowledge and experience of executing System on Chip
- Confident in floor planning with EMC, EMI awareness
- Top level verification inc. RF, Analog, and mixed signal
- Experience with FPGA emulation to verify the IC RTL.
- In-depth knowledge of trade-offs within transceiver architectures inc. Zero-IF, low-IF and super-heterodyne
- Good understanding in RF system design, RFIC design & Integer/Fractional N PLL/frequency synthesizers
- Solid design experience in Analog IC within data converters (ADC/DAC, Nyquist and Oversampled), PGA, Filters (continuous/discrete time), and power management circuit such as LDO and DC/DC in CMOS
- Solid experience with device control protocols, basic IC layout design and custom IC layout design in floor planning & simulations.
BenefitsDiversity, Inclusion and Equality
- Test/debugging knowledge to devise test plan & design for testability
- Familiar with design verification of SoC, quality standards and testing required for product qualification
- Behavioral modelling using MATLAB/ Simulink for analog/ RF systems
Isotropic Systems is a true equal opportunities employer. We are committed to practicing and promoting diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace and our mission is to make technology a more inviting and accessible industry for all.
We're delighted that our efforts have been recognised by Microsoft for Start Ups as we were finalists in the Diversity in Tech Awards 2020 for Cultural Inclusion.Company Culture
A culture of passion, integrity and creativity, that recognises and rewards your contributions
A respectful and collaborative environment that gives you the ability to challenge the status quo
We are innovative and bold and encourage employees to think differently
What will you get in return?
Excellent compensation package inclusive of competitive salary, pension & 22 days holiday plus bank holidays! Bonus AND equity package FitBit upon successful completion of probation 24/7 access to the well-being centre and Employee Assistance Hotline In-house and external training programmes with great career development opportunities Cycle to work and employee referral schemesOur Offices and Covid Secure Working
We operate out of the UK and USA, with our Head Quarters in Reading. As a pre-revenue start-up, there is lots of fast moving change and development so our UK team are based in modern offices in Reading, Berkshire (COVID-19 permitting!). This means that everyone can be involved and play their part in key stages of the work we are developing.
All Satellites, One Terminal, No Compromise. We are Isotropic!
Isotropic Systems Limited operates a strict PSL, we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies.