Based Either in our London or Madrid office, or remotely anywhere in the UK or Spain
Salary Up to £55k, depending on experience
BridgeU was founded with the belief that talent is equally distributed across the globe, but opportunity is not. We take pride in helping students discover and explore the best pathways available to them - wherever those opportunities may be. We also help universities to discover and attract the schools and students that will contribute to their vibrant, diverse and successful programs and courses.
BridgeU has the approach and pace of a start-up, where there are always opportunities to try something new and grow, with, since early 2020, the support and stability of being part of Kaplan International, one of the world's largest and most diverse education providers.
You'll be joining a smart, ambitious team, in an exciting, fast-growth environment. The Engineering team is developing interesting and challenging technical solutions to give our users a delightful experience on our platform. Working alongside a group of experienced Product Managers, Designers and Data Scientists you'll be shaping the future of our product.
Our development process involves paired programming sessions and code reviews that give us the opportunity to learn something new and have useful discussions every day. We are committed to supporting the movement towards a distributed team, whether you are working in one of our offices or remotely, and the way we communicate with each other reflects this long-term goal.
We are looking for a motivated, methodical, and technically capable UX Developer to join our Product, Engineering, and Design team. You will be working alongside our Design team to build user interfaces and frontend systems that will make user workflows easy and accessible.
We are looking for people with a natural willingness to learn new technologies. Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Elm, Vue.JS, Elixir, and PostgreSQL.
At BridgeU we expect you to
- Be the owner of your work, ensuring its quality and maintainability.
- Lead technical discussions inside the team and drive engineering initiatives.
- Communicate technical decisions to stakeholders.
- Have a can-do attitude, with a strong desire to learn and the resilience to think around complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate and learn with your teammates, trusting each other's decisions and owning the problem from analysis to solution.
We are a global team with a global mindset, cherishing and protecting diversity as one of our core values. We are always looking to diversify the talent in our team and with that in mind would especially encourage applications from female candidates, and any candidates from an ethnic minority background.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, marriage or civil partnership.Requirements
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Experience in
- prototyping and applying UX practice and approach to designing user interfaces.
- design system creation, implementation, and maintenance.
- developing to WCAG accessibility standards.
- mobile first and responsive/adaptive web.
- information architecture.
- interaction design patterns.
- Ability to work with designers to move forward the best user experience for the web and mobile.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, Material UI, Tailwind and other UI libraries.
- Knowledge or strong interest of behavioural psychology and its application in designing compelling user interfaces is desirable.
- Attention to visual web design detail is a distinct advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience working in remote teams is desirable.
- Experience in product-focused larger teams and mentoring other team members.
If you're not sure you fit every one of these requirements, but you think you have the potential to perform well in this role, we'd still love to hear from you.Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Career progression and development.
- Opportunities for flexible working hours, encouraging everyone to have a healthy work-life balance
- We let our teammates invest time to learn new things to apply to their work that can benefit the product and the community.
- Personal development the company can fund books, courses and conferences that can help you learn and grow.
- Annual offsite we organise a retreat once a year where the whole company gets together (this took place remotely last year).
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach.