Plum is powered by automation, and acts like an autopilot for your money. You sit at the controls, with smart spending analytics and budgeting tools to help you set your financial destination. Plum gets you there safely, so you don't need to remember things like setting money aside, getting the best deal on household bills.
Plum's making your savings and investments work for you..Here's What We're Trying To Tackle
- 11.5m people in the UK have less than £100 in savings
- 90% of UK savings accounts pay less than inflation
- £4bn lost to the loyalty penalty every year
- 2/3 of UK adults say money stress has affected the health or wellbeing of someone they know.
We've Imagined a world where people effortlessly manage their money without having to worry, or even think about it. A world where our users' money has a brain that's configured to automatically reach what is important to them.
And here at Plum, we made it our mission to build that world... and we're now ready to make it a reality for Plumsters. We welcome them to our reality! Where their money works for them, and their entire financial journey is easier by an autopilot, controlled by them.
In 4 years, we've grown from 2 co-founders sharing a rusty desk in Soho, to a brilliant, hard-working team of 75+, with offices in London (HQ) and Athens. Now, with more than 1M people already using Plum across the UK, Ireland, France and Spain, we could use a little help and that might be where you come in!Plum on iOS
We're looking for a a customer-focussed iOS engineer to join our engineering team in London. Plum has been featured multiple times by Apple, has been named App of the Day and currently rated 4.7 stars with 21,000 ratings. You'll be contributing to Plum on iOS, giving our current and prospective customers a more intimate way to interact with their money.Our Engineering Approach
We value good engineering principles, imagination, quirkiness and healthy curiosity. We take a conservative approach to using external frameworks and we aspire to write simple, well-tested code, delivered in rapid iterations. Our motto is "Own what you build. Share what you own!"The Team
We work in "squads" - a more startup-appropriate name for saying small, cross-functional teams. Each squad has a mission and a set of KPIs to monitor and improve. As an engineer you'll be working in a squad but you can also reach out to and work with anyone in the company. You will also be a part of a Mobile engineering team, a team consisting of Mobile Product Engineers who share the same vision and passion of building an exceptional mobile team that will help people be financially better off.Our culture Openness & Accountability
Even though you'll have a primary role, you can get involved in any aspect of the business you're interested in and contribute feedback and product ideas freely. In return, we'll expect you to back your decisions with data and logic. Features are considered finished when the data tells us that they've moved the needle.The Role
Technical knowledge is critical but we are a startup treading in uncharted territory so attitude is even more important. We're looking for people that like uncertainty and want to figure out how to do things that haven't been done before. You're a true team player and inherently positive. Where others see problems, you see solutions.Value You Will Bring
Bonus Fist-bumps If You Have
- You want to build a product that makes people better off
- You're excited about programming in Swift and up-to-date with the latest iOS technologies
- Yet, you still have intimate knowledge of the full iOS stack
- You have experience shipping and iterating on an app in the App Store
- You're a designer's best friend. You love being part of the design process and enjoy turning the design into a well crafted, delightful experience
- You're a product person too - you understand the value and impact of your work
- You go the extra mile to add the awesome sprinkles
What to Expect from Our Hiring Process
- Experience in continuous integration setup and automation
- Taken part in open source projects
- Experience with backend technologies
At Plum, we value a lot the time you devote to the hiring process, this is why we are always trying to make the process as fast and smooth as possible.
- 30 min. Call with our Recruitment Team. So we understand better your career plan and what motivates you. ⚙️
- 30 min. Call with our iOS Chapter Lead. Brief technical discussion about the role and your skills.
- Task. You will be given a task for us to better to understand your skills. No hard deadlines! ️
- 90 min. Consisting of two steps
- Call with two people from our iOS team. We'll go over the task and introduce you to your future colleagues and to get a glimpse of Plum's culture.
- Call with a Designer and a Product or Engineering Manager for you to understand the business and envision yourself as part of Plum.
- 30 min. Call with our CEO.
- A bucketful of challenging problems to solve, so hopefully that's your thing! Our job is to take a complicated, archaic domain and make it simple and accessible to everyone.
- One of the best learning experiences of your life. You'll get to work with extremely smart and capable people, with backgrounds in finance, physics, history, computing, languages and more.
- Competitive pay and company stock options - we are all in this together!
- 25 days holiday a year, excluding bank holidays (33 in total).
- Work from our London or Athens office (almost) whenever you want
- Team trip to secret destinations once a year ✈️
- Free Plum Pro subscription
- Breakfast, fresh fruit (plums obviously), snacks with varying health benefits and great coffee.
- Plants, lots of plants
If you think this sounds like a bit of you, then don't hesitate to get in touch!
Plum's tame humans