A UK Asset Management firm currently requires a Tax Administrator to join them on permanent basis in their Northwich office.
You will be responsible for;
- To prepare Self-Assessment tax returns for clients.
- To liaise directly with clients to accurately submit returns on their behalf, including dealing with any queries that are received from these clients.
- To undertake a broad range of Tax calculations to support the wider business.
- To produce mail merges and individual client letters for the Tax Service client bank, including both hard copy and electronic formats.
- Timely preparation of invoices and acknowledgement letters/emails in respect of fees received.
- To produce hard and soft copy 'Tax packs' for Tax Service clients (both new and prospective).
- Assistance in recording and collating departmental statistics on a daily and monthly basis, where appropriate.
- Adherence to and updating of, all departmental procedures.
- Participation in the Appraisal and Development Scheme.
- To inform Line Manager of areas of concern and issues that may arise.
- Demonstrate the Firm's Business Principles (Client, Excellence, People & Integrity).
- To undertake a variety of administrative support tasks, including departmental filing, scanning, photocopying and the oversight of stationery stocks.
- Previous experience of working in a Tax related environment would be an advantage. but not essential.
- Professional Tax qualifications would be an advantage but not essential.
- Keen attention to detail (system and non-system).
- Ability to work quickly and accurately within very tight deadlines.
- Good team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility and availability to work overtime during peak workload periods.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Previous Financial Services experience, specifically in a Wealth Management business, would be a key advantage, as would experience in working with investment products and 'platforms.'