Concentrix Tigerspike is an award-winning digital services company on a mission to improve people's lives through technology.
We're a Google Certified Development Agency and one of the most recognised specialist enterprise mobility companies in the world and we're now looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join us.
Mentored by one of 6 Tech Lead's in Europe, you will be part of a team of 30+ engineers creating custom solutions.
So, if you have a thirst for innovation and want to work with talented and passionate people in an informal and high energy environment then read on...
Tell me More!
The clients we partner with range from boutique to multinational, whose users span from employees in your local supermarket to vulnerable young adults.
You'll gain experience with industries from NGOs to Travel and have the opportunity to provide a meaningful voice in developing products that improve people's lives.
In recent projects, we created a Smart Cities platform using React and AWS's IoT products for SSE and also launched a pilot project for NIHR, the research arm of the NHS, which required AWS middleware and native Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) apps.
For your first project, you will join a team with a mix of existing and new employees across the UK & Poland, working with a travel client on their hero consumer app. This world-leading app contains features like geo-sensitive airport maps, food pre-order in the terminal, and prebooking of spaces in lounges. You'll be tasked with writing new features into an existing codebase (Kotlin) to create alternative products for different user/feature sets. We pride ourselves on quality, and we ensure this with unit testing, automation testing (Espresso), clean architectural approaches (eg Redux), and functional programming.
What experience/ skills do you need?
- Extensive experience as an Android developer, designing and implementing software solutions using Java or Kotlin (preferably both!)
- A solid history of constantly improving your own knowledge and skills as well as improving processes for your organisation
- Proficiency with git when collaborating on code bases and Google's app submission process
- The confidence and desire to work in a client-facing role
- Writing code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns
- Knowledge of securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques
- An understanding of architectural choices, including the trade-offs for each
- Experience in Continuous Integration and writing highly testable code, simplifying Unit Tests
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban
- Experience on another platform (e.g. iOS or AWS)
- Functional programming and protocol-oriented programming experience
What's in it for me?Empowerment
- to be autonomous within a self-organising team that is passionate to deliver qualityProfessional Growth
- we know you're happiest when you're learning new things, so you'll be given an annual allowance to spend on your professional growth such as attending a conference or taking a course. It's like a makeover for your mind!Architecture
- author and critique software designs and architecturesMentorship
- a chance to mentor and support other members of your team, providing technical leadership and advice and be mentored by specialist and lead engineersCollaboration
- you'll work in a multi-disciplinary Agile team, forming a close relationship with clientsInnovation
- our monthly 'Transmogrification Day' allows us to take a break from client work to spend time playing with the latest tech and improving our tools and techniquesQuality
- ensure the quality of your teams work through pair programming, code reviews, unit tests and test automation
- Flexible hours
- Remote working flexibility- base yourself anywhere in the UK, as long as you can make it to the office when required (1-2 times a month max once it's safe to do so)
- 25 days' holiday (in addition to all public holidays)+ a bonus day for your birthday!
- The chance to collaborate with other offices (e.g. Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore, New York) on other exciting projects
- An annual performance-based bonus
- £60 monthly mobile phone allowance
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning French, Snowboarding lessons or even attending a wine tasting course
- We have a place for everyone and a club for almost everything: Gaming, Spa, Book club, Sports club, Pet appreciation- the list goes on!
Who are we?
Concentrix Tigerspike is a digital services company, established in 2003, that solves complex problems by creating digital products, providing consultative services and helping businesses to define their digital strategy.
We're proud partners with Apple, SAP, AWS and a Google Certified Developer Agency Partner.
We have a team of more than 300 Tigerspikers, in 10 locations around the world, that believe in collaboration in an Agile environment - where our designers and engineers work side by side to create beautiful, functional and valuable digital products that solve important problems.
Our approach to research and flexibility in our approach has awarded us a reputation for innovation with repeat customers such as Emirates Airline, New Look, The United Nations, and the NHS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.*
Powered by JazzHR