Rebellion is currently looking for an experienced Animation Programmer to work as part of the Tools & Core Technology team, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Animation Programmer to work on new and cutting edge animation technology as well as to contribute to the development of a variety of AAA games using our in-house engine.
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion coding team.
A strong academic background is preferred (1st class or 2 1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or other science-related subject). Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they have the appropriate experience.
- Join our core engine team and work closely with animators and with other programmers
- Improve functionality of existing animation technology in the engine
- Optimise existing code
- Research and implement new techniques for in-game animation
- Strong C/C++ skills
- AAA experience
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
- Comfortable working with a large existing code base
- Good communication with developers from all disciplines
- Strong interest in animation
- A good eye for visual quality
- Holiday 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries