Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs - our financial wellbeing and our planet's future - are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that's in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business - Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.Job Description
We're looking for a Data Analyst to work within Octopus Real EstateCore Responsibilities Will Include
- Interrogating, analysing and providing insight and interpretations of ORE fund and loan book performance data, for use internally and externally
- Challenging and supporting our investment decisions across ORE, creating data models to do so
- Providing insight into and explanations for data and trends, and explaining this to Investment Committees and teams within ORE in simple, understandable terms
- Using external data to enhance the power and quality of our data insight, continuously looking for opportunity to strengthen our data models
- Using existing data to extrapolate possible scenarios and create models to deal with forecastable market changes
- Owning the quality of the data and analysis contained within their reports
- Data reporting, internally and externally
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of working in Real Estate investment, lending and/or fund management.
- Ability to translate data into meaningful hypothesis and recommendations, and communicate this succinctly.
- Ability to interpret data from multiple and complex data sources, identifying trends and/or patterns.
- Ability to produce reporting dashboards.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerBI, with experience of databases and SQL.
- Familiarity with VBA.
- Must be comfortable using technology and leveraging digital applications and platforms.
- Preferable, but not essential, a professional qualification such as Chartered Accountant or CFA.
Additional InformationOur Values and DNAAnd While These Are The Principles That Guide Us As An Organisation, Our DNA Goes Even Further, By Revealing Our Inner Strength
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for. We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.What We Offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.