DescriptionJob Title: Management AccountantDepartment/Group: FinanceLine Manager: Group Accounting ManagerLocation: Old Street/ RemoteContract Type: PermanentTravel Required: NoWho We Are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we've taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It's not an easy task - it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that's as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It's a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.What You'll Be Doing
As we continue on our growth trajectory the team is expanding and we are looking to hire an EXPERIENCED Management Accountant. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a super ambitious, high achieving and fun Finance team where you will be working closely with 2 other MAs and reporting in to the Group Accounting Manager.This is your dayAreas Of Responsibility Will Include
RequirementsWhat you'll need
- Key tasks within the month end timetable including preparation and posting of monthly journals (e.g. accruals/prepayments), balance sheet reconciliations, maintenance of fixed asset register
- Business partnering with operational teams to provide key KPI information and cost centre reporting including variance analysis and commentary on a monthly basis
- Working closely with and providing support to the wider finance function including FP&A, Cash Office and Compliance/Tax
- Playing a key role in the annual audit process and ensuring the highest level of controls compliance throughout the year
- Assistance with compliance work e.g. ONS Returns/annual PSA/tax reporting and accounting
- Ad hoc projects as required
BenefitsWhat we offer
- Newly qualified/finalist ACCA, ACA or CIMA gained either within practice or industry environment. Relevant experience such as fast growth, retail, tech/online is preferable. Experience with payment providers (e.g. paypal/Klarna etc.) is desirable but not essential
- Strong proven technical management accounting and financial reporting skills, with excellent exam track record
- Drive and ambition to challenge convention and to make difference in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- You'll be a real team player and enjoy collaborating with others whilst also being able to work autonomously, taking ownership of tasks from start to finish
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to build meaningful relationships with people of all levels across the entire business
- Highly organised and consistent in delivering on strict reporting deadlines
- Highly proficient excel user
- Prior experience using Sage200c is a bonus
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of Shoreditch! MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone's voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We're proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day of holiday for every year served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we're open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it's important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.