We are building the first digital bank for friends. We are building a new bank with a vision to change people's relationship with money for good.
Kroo was established in autumn of 2016 and is aiming to be the greatest social bank on the planet. We will deliver a highly intuitive social current account, together with a range of other traditional banking products including a micro-enterprise current account, savings, and loans.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company's mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people's lives for good.What You'll Do
You'll get to work with a variety of new and interesting technology
- Implement new features and deploy them using our Continuous Delivery approach
- Contribute to our product vision
- Work in an Agile cross-functional team of a Product Manager, Product Designer and Developers (We use a blend of processes that work for us inc. SCRUM, Kanban and Pair Programming)
- Be involved in the end to end cycle of building our product
- Champion quality code while being pragmatic
- Work in an inclusive, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over your job title
We mainly use the following tools and technology but you don't need to have experience with all of them. Many of us didn't when we joined! Our focus is always on finding the right technology for the job, if you're willing to learn, we are interested in speaking with you.
- Clojure to write our backend microservices (please apply if you have experience with any Functional Programming language)
- React Native and Redux for our mobile applications
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Docker to run our services
- Terraform for our infrastructure provisioning and deployment
We regularly contribute to Open Source libraries and encourage our Developers to suggest new technology that can add value to building a bank.RequirementsYou should apply if
- You have previous experience with or are excited about Functional Programming
- You've worked in a cross-functional Agile team
- You'd like to be part of a team that does Pairing Programming and Test Driven Development
- You have experience working with microservices
- You want to work in a product focused team that thinks about customers and user behaviour and builds sublime experiences for them
- You have experience deploying to cloud based infrastructure like AWS or similar
- You want to deliver a product using the principles of Hypothesis Driven Development
- You'd like to develop with mobile first design principles and build cross-platform Android and iOS applications with React Native
- You'd like to be part of building an inclusive and diverse culture in which everyone can succeed.
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is
- 45 minute hangout with one of our Developers
- 2-3 hour face to face with our team including a pair programming, system design and values / ways of working interview
- 15-30 minutes with one of our Founders / Exec team
Please let us know if you have any special requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.BenefitsWhat we offer you
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday
- Room to grow and excel within a fast growing start-up
- Flexible working & work from home
- An environment that adopts industry-leading development practices
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the industry
- An awesome team to be part of - we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- An inclusive environment with regular team events and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym!
A full list of our benefits can be found on our careers page.