We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We've just launched our latest title Phantom Covert Ops, a stealth action game redefined for virtual reality, and we couldn't be more proud of what the team have achieved. Once you've seen what we're up to next, we're convinced you'll want to be involved...
We believe in the transformative potential of VR, and we want to work with people who can let their imagination run wild to bring truly new ideas into our games. We aim to get the most out of the technology we work with, so we're looking for a graphics programmer to join our team and help build the systems that let our artists and designers breathe life in to the experiences we create.What Will You Be Doing?
- Researching, implementing and supporting new rendering features and shaders across multiple platforms.
- Creating stable, reusable and modular rendering technologies that make best use of Unreal Engine and its existing pipeline.
- Collaborating with technical and creative staff to come up with timescales, implement features and resolve issues.
- Liaising with tech art and other disciplines to help art and design teams on multiple projects direct their efforts.
- Discussing available resources with other disciplines to establish reasonable and pragmatic performance budgets for VR games.
- Participating in development of tools that improve artist workflows.
- Profiling and optimising existing code and systems.
- Experience in graphics programming - Deep knowledge of key technologies used in graphics programming for games, such as C++ and HLSL.
- C++ programming - Ability to write readable, reusable, safe and performant code utilising design patterns and software engineering.
- Collaboration - An empathetic individual who can balance the needs of different teams when approaching their work.
- Communication skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate your work in both a technical and non-technical manner to help overcome challenges.
- Planning and organising skills - Ability to prioritise requirements from multiple stakeholders and self-manage time and attention.
- Self-learning and mentorship - Someone with a desire to research, learn, and improve their own knowledge, and pass that knowledge on to others.
- An eye for aesthetics - the ability to discuss with artists what works visually and how to make it fit in to a game.
- Debugging and data optimisation - A thorough understanding of how to get the most out of a frame, such as reducing memory usage or shader complexity, or knowing when to pick a fresh approach.
- 3D maths and data structures - An understanding of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- Proven experience graphics programming in a modern game engine for published PC, console or mobile titles in a professional team or studio environment.
- Bonus Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4.
- Bonus Experience developing Virtual Reality apps for mobile, console or PC.
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you'll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, openplan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.Interested?
We are looking to fill permanent and fixed term contracts, remote working for an initial period and based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we'd love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below.