Acin is revolutionising the way financial institutions manage non-financial risk and controls. Our award-winning SaaS platform enables our clients to fully digitise non-financial risks and manage them like a data science.
Having recently closed our Series A funding round, led by Notion Capital - one of the world's leading VCs - and financial information specialists Fitch Ventures, Acin is growing rapidly and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team.
We're looking for people who are energetic and curious; people who are persistent and resilient; people who like tackling problems and take pride in building best-in-class solutions to them. Being a part of the Acin team means creating the operating system for a safer financial future from scratch. Come join us!The Role
The Data Specialist - Front Office & eTrading role within the Data Operations team is fundamental to our customers extracting maximum value from Acin. The role provides customers with clarity and insight on Acin's Networked data, with a focus on front office risks and controls and eTrading risks and controls throughout the trade lifecycle.
The Data Operations team is responsible for delivering the data that drives the Acin Terminal (Acin's technology platform). The team connects customer risk and control data to the Acin Network, which customers interact with via the Terminal. The team defines and maintains Acin's consensus-based risk and control inventories, defines and applies Acin's data connectivity protocols, maintains the business rules used to build Network consensus and ensures all Acin data is of the highest quality.You will need to be
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of sales and trading front office risks and controls
- Able to clearly and succinctly articulate and justify Acin's risks and controls across front office business organisations (e.g. FX, Equity Derivatives, Rates, Credit, Treasury etc) and eTrading activities from the front office throughout the trade lifecycle (e.g. Compliance, Technology, Operations)
- Highly knowledgeable on the key risks faced by trading businesses, today e.g. Market Manipulation, Unauthorised Trading, Resilience, and tomorrow e.g. Climate Risk
- Of a strong control mindset - you can identify risks pertaining to a particular process or business / supporting function rapidly
- Armed with a good understanding of OpRisk core processes e.g. RCSA, Incident management, Read Across / Lessons Learnt
- Experienced in facing off to internal audit, external audit and ideally regulators - and understanding of areas of regulatory scrutiny targeting governance and controls (e.g. SMCR)
- Thorough and consistent in your dealings with data and colleagues
- Able to work both collaboratively and with minimal oversight to deliver your responsibilities and solve problems
- Comfortable with the dynamic nature of an early-stage FinTech and the impact that may have on your daily activities and deliverables
RequirementsYou should apply if
- Be the Data Operations subject matter expert for customers' front office and eTrading risk and control data queries
- Connect customer data to the Acin network via Acin's data matching protocols and tooling
- Lead customer meetings and present their data connection results, dealing with challenges from customers as they arise
- Ensure consistent application of Acin's technical standards to core risk and control content and beyond
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Acin's business rules which form the basis for the Network
- Monitor, review and enhance Acin's front office risk and control inventories to maintain Network consensus
- What we are doing at Acin excites you!
- You have 5-10 years' experience in a front office risk and control role (e.g. Business Risk & Control Officer, Supervisor) and have had exposure to eTrading controls
- You can work in a fast pace FinTech environment - you're a self-starter with a down-to-earth approach and a high level of pragmatism and proactivity
- You have strong organisational skills, with impeccable attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple projects with varying and time-pressured deliverables
- You enjoy being part of the Acin team - we're looking for someone who is flexible, supportive, collaborative and will contribute positively to our strong team dynamic and culture from day one
- You have solid MS Office skills
- You have concise written and verbal communication skills
We have offices in Farnborough (Acin HQ) and London. Post Covid, you will be expected to spend at least 1 day each week working from our London Office and attending the Farnborough office on occasion as required.Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic fintech which is creating huge momentum in the market. Alongside a friendly, dynamic, and inclusive culture, we offer...
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare for you and your family with Axa Healthcare
- Employee Assistance Program
- Share options - we like to offer our employees a stake in our success
- Access to cutting edge tools and technologies
- A company pension to help save for your future
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
Acin is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.