As Senior Developer in our Tech team, this is the perfect opportunity for you to progress into leading a team. Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of passionate engineers through technical projects to create next-generation software solutions for Threads. Psychological safety is at the very heart of who we are. We work in Agile squads who are open and value continuous improvement and sharing knowledge.We are open to flexible working, please ask us at the interview stage.
We are integrating our client and internal systems to create a next-generation solution to help us to lead in luxury chat-based commerce. We believe what we're creating will set a new path for chat commerce in the fashion industry, and retail overall.You Will
- Contribute to one or several projects at all stages of their life cycle, not just the technical stages
- Be involved in problem discovery and product development
- Nurture the team through development, mentorship, and bringing in new talent
- Design systems and solutions, writing code, automated tests and deployment
- Learn new technologies and bring this knowledge to the team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure products are developed on time with high quality, delivering value to customers
At Threads, we always aim to use the best tool for the job. Today's stack includes, but isn't limited to TypeScript, Node.js, Postgres, Koa, React, React Native, GraphQL, Docker, Terraform, and AWS.BenefitsOur Benefits (many from day 1!)
- Experience leading technical projects and mentoring team members
- Expert knowledge in developing services and API's using Node.js
- Core knowledge of Node.js modules and npm packages
- Expert knowledge of React development patterns and related tools
- A good working knowledge of architectural concepts like event driven development, caching, microservices, CDNs and concurrency.
- Experience as a technical leader, guiding technical direction, implementation choices, coding styles and the establishment of best practices
- Vitality at Work + Private Medical Insurance plans
- Denplan + Eyecare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Staff discounts
- Enhanced Parent Program + Parental Leave
- The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
- 25 Days Holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible working
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you've come to the right place.
Threads is a fast-growing luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City's Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK's fastest-growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.