TrueLayer's new Data Analytics team empowers our entire organisation to make strategic decisions based on a scalable data infrastructure, coupled with commercial insight and impeccable leadership skills.
As one of our first Data Engineers, you will join this team and help to shape the vision for our data infrastructure. By building entirely new services and maintaining/iterating on our existing infrastructure, you will be a key player in our engineering journey as we raise the bar for the whole financial ecosystem.
We aim to empower our engineers with best-in-class technologies, like Spark and Airflow for our data pipelines, Presto/Athena to enable data lake access, Docker and Kubernetes to schedule and run our services, AWS for our infrastructure, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis and more - the best tool for the job wins.Our technology stack
Who We Are
- Our go-to language for data work is Python - though in the wider organisation you can expect to see C# and Rust code
- Most of our data pipelines currently use Python, Spark and Hive, sometimes orchestrated with Airflow (but often glued together with Bash)
- Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes, hosted in AWS
- Monitoring using a combination of the ELK stack, Jaeger, and Prometheus/Grafana
At TrueLayer, we build intelligent financial infrastructure that puts fintech at people's fingertips. Businesses use our global network, built on open banking and PSD2, to securely access financial data and enable instant payments. Headquartered in London with offices in Milan, Dublin, Sydney, and Hong Kong, we've raised $72M to date and we're trusted by some of the biggest names in tech, including Revolut, Trading 212, and Zopa,
We are systems builders, design thinkers, product crafters and committed doers. We work in a collaborative, transparent environment where people can be their true selves, embrace ownership and accountability, and build something that will define an industry.
Our vision is to create a financial ecosystem that is open to everyone. We've grown from a UK leader in 2019 to a global provider in 2020, operating in 12+ countries. The thing is, we're just getting started...As a Data Engineer, you will
Voluntary On-Call Duty
- Help develop the vision for and architect our data infrastructure
- Design, build and launch new data pipelines in production, that can be used for analysis across all areas of the business including Product, Growth and Operations
- Maintain and enhance our core data infrastructure and ETL framework
- Help make our data platform globally scalable, reliable and available
- Ship rapidly and regularly to production - we don't wait around - when it's ready, we ship it
- Optimise our engineering processes and ultimately, our products
- Contribute to our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
While being on call is a fantastic learning experience, we understand being on call out of hours is not for everyone, so at TrueLayer it's voluntary. If interested, you can train with, and join, our on-call rota, which will involve compensated rotations of
- Being On-Call to respond to critical incidents affecting the availability of our platform
- Identifying, mitigating and resolving root causes of such incidents
RequirementsWhat we need from you
- Coordinating our response to potentially major incidents, and being an active voice in postmortem/root cause analysis discussions to prevent future problems.
Nice to haves
- Data engineering experience, particularly in architecting and building end-to-end data solutions and pipelines
- Good understanding of data modelling, data access, data storage techniques, distributed systems and streaming data architectures
- Commitment to good engineering practices clear documentation, thorough testing and helpful automation
- Knowledge and proficiency in at least one major programming language and SQL
- Exposure to Kubernetes/cloud-native patterns
- Effective communication skills- you can present insights to technical and non-technical audiences and you love proposing actionable solutions
- A methodical, analytical and organised approach to tackling large scale projects and data sets
- A desire to work in an engineering team that collaborates, shares knowledge and empowers each other to succeed.
BenefitsWhat you can expect from us
- Previous experience at a startup or high-growth company
- Experience in Big Data frameworks like Spark or Hadoop
- Experience with Python and data manipulation libraries like Pandas
Inclusion & Diversity
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work
- Choice of Linux or Mac technology
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance ⚕️
- Wellbeing Days, and membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
- Learning & development allowance
At TrueLayer, we don't just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you - like your age, ability, background and identity - are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).