Digiterre is a software and data engineering consultancy that enables technological and organisational transformation for many of the world's leading organisations - be they commodity or energy traders, banks or investment managers, digital disruptors or public sector providers. We envisage, design and deliver software and data engineering solutions that users want, need and love to use. We achieve " Agility. At Greater Velocity " because we care about taking ownership for solving the toughest technical challenges and creating outstanding outcomes. As a consequence of this approach, we typically deliver high-risk, high-profile and time-constrained projects in less time than competitors, often significantly so.
Digiterre has won at least ten different industry awards including Best MiFID II Solution - Trade and Transaction Reporting awarded by HFM European Hedge Fund Services.
Our working culture is highly collaborative, consultative, and respectful. We fully understand our client's needs as they evolve through the development lifecycle and use modern tools, methodologies, and technologies to enable us to work closely with in-house experts, and their end users, to maximise the benefits to all involved
We are seeking a Senior QA tester to take ownership of Quality Assurance/Testing for major financial services initiatives. The ideal candidate is a technologist who genuinely enjoys working collaboratively to solve complex business problems for our clients.Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Working with the software delivery team to ensure delivery of high quality software products and solutions across the organisational programme
- QA automation of large scale projects/programmes
- Defining and executing on test strategy
- Definition and maintenance of metric packs, reportable to senior Technology management and business stakeholders.
- Be a proactive member of the team when it comes to releases and production issues
- Source control using GIT / SVN or similar
We expect candidates to be able to demonstrate the following experience
- Proven experience leading automated testing initiatives using tools relevant to the language e.g. Selenium Webdriver, Webdriver IO, Specflow, JMeter
- A strong testing background and has an awareness of modern testing techniques throughout the full software life-cycle (functional testing / non-functional / operational acceptance etc.)
- The level of experience and exposure to have a pragmatic approach to working on agile software development teams
- Experience of working on fast paced projects with tight deadlines
- ISQTB certification is advantageous however not essential
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Subject matter expertise in one of more of FX, Banking, Energy Trading, Market Data, Investment Management, Insurance, or FinTech
- Core technology experience of Java
- Experience testing APIs
- In-depth Agile methodology experience, including automated experience using BDD and TDD methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise confidently with other teams and stakeholders
This is a contract positionThe selection process
Selected candidates will undergo an initial phone screen followed by online assessment and a meeting with the senior leadership team and the CEO.Our Values
At Digiterre, we valueTeam
Understanding that the best outcomes are created by highly professional, high performance teams working together to deliver the agreed outcomes.Ownership
Expressing an dependable 'can-do' attitude. We do whatever it takes to deliver a complete solution to a problem, on time and within budget. We own the issues, not just the story.Transparency
Actively communicating all the time. We are open and approachable in our dealings with clients and with each other. We appreciate others' perspectives.Expertise
Being highly professional at all time, displaying strong domain knowledge that is focused on solving clients' business problems. Having the pragmatism and experience to propose multiple solutions and working with the client to select the best option.Motivation
Being driven to deliver innovative, best of breed solutions that meet the clients' needs.Recruitment Agencies We are not looking to onboard additional suppliers at this time and will not respond to resumes sent speculatively for this opportunity.