Who We Are
Nested is redefining estate agency in the UK. For too long, sellers have been subjected to unresponsive agents and broken processes. With a combination of groundbreaking technology and expert local agents, Nested is fixing the whole moving experience one problem at a time.
Today, estate agents get away with doing half a job, getting a seller under offer before leaving them to navigate the rest of the process by themselves. Nested is built for movers, the first estate agent to support both the selling and buying process, for no extra fee. We can even make sellers chain-free, with our groundbreaking cash advance securing their ideal home before they sell.
We are a wildly ambitious team, backed by Europe's leading VCs and led by an experienced, hands-on founding team. We're all contributing remotely to build a new era for home movers, with plans to optionally work from home 3 days of the week in the future when we can spend some time in our Farringdon office again. And when work is over, there's plenty of socialising, from film nights to sports days.
If redefining an entire industry is a challenge that motivates you, come and join the team at Nested.The data team
Our team mission is that data is a superpower for Nested , from powering our customer-facing digital products through to enabling a data-led organisation. We're a small cross-functional team (engineers & analysts) looking to have an outsized impact for Nested. Our goal is to be a trusted partner for driving new insights and commercial opportunities, and to empower our users (customers and colleagues) to make the best possible choices.The role
We're looking for a software engineer with a keen interest in data, to help us fix the broken process of buying and selling homes in the UK. You'll be joining the data team at an exciting juncture, focusing on
- Modern technologies our team works within a modern, modular data stack using GCP infrastructure, and follow software engineering best practices
- Enabling self-serve For our customers to make the right choices, they need to be data-led. Our self-serve data platform enables this, and our data engineers take responsibility for the reliable and timely ELT processes and data pipelines which sit behind our Looker platform.
- Building product capabilities our data engineers work closely with product engineering teams to understand data requirements in our digital products, and turn these requirements into a delivered solution
- Having a big impact the success of our data engineers and our team is the business value we create, which means focusing on impactful areas and problems
- You enjoy getting to grips with product needs and devising the simplest solution you can to them
- You care about impact and working on the things which will 'move-the-needle' and make a startup successful
- You enjoy working with data (we are language agnostic but use Python and SQL here)
- You are familiar with good engineering practices (think testing and documentation)
- You're empathetic and act on that to create a safe environment which cultivates growth in those within it
- You have a growth mindset
- It's helpful, but not required, if you have hands-on experience working with data infrastructure and tooling (you can see a full list of what we use in our stackshare)
- It's helpful, but not required, if you know a bit of statistics or machine learning
- Salary between £35k and £80k per annum
- Generous options grant with further options awarded at reviews depending on performance
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Private health insurance with gym discounts & more
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Work From Home 3 days a week, and flexible working hours
- £1,000 personal development budget per year
- Generous maternity package, 16 full weeks pay.
- Generous paternity package, 4 weeks annual leave.
- Should these packages not suit you, we are happy to discuss alternatives.
- Monthly team social events
We are striving to build a diverse and inclusive team, but we recognise there is always more to be done. In the last year, we've focused on running workshops in collaboration with tech bootcamps, promoting self-education through our anti-racism reading list, sponsoring work visas and building diversity into the engineering growth framework. If you would like to talk to us about these efforts, or have suggestions for how we can do better, we would love to hear from you.
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.
We're a growing team and happy to make any accommodations we can for individual needs. If you have an additional accessibility or other requirement we haven't considered, we will do our best to adapt and make sure your needs are met.Nested GDPR Compliance - Please take 2 minutes to read our Nested Privacy Notice for Recruitment and learn how we will process your data.