We are Adarma, one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a business formed and run by former senior security leaders, we know our stuff. Which is why our clients include 30% of FTSE 100 organisations from all industry sectors.
We are actively looking to add a Senior IT Engineer to our IT team in order to help provide technical IT and telecom support (project and BAU) to all staff and management to help them resolve software and hardware problems.
- Administration, hands-on support and the resolution of technical issues (hardware and software) in a timely manner in accordance with established guidelines.
- Act as an escalation point, stepping in when challenging technical issues occur for the wider IT team.
- Record all incidents and tasks in the ITSM software.
- Manage troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure outages, security incident response and emergency response.
- Control and manage data availability and back up.
- Support IT projects such as office moves / refurbishments, hardware and process roll-out, phone system integration, etc.
- Test new systems (e.g. anti-virus / anti-malware software) before they are rolled out across the business.
- Develop, review and update IT policies and procedures in areas such as onboarding, off-boarding, incident management, IT security, etc.
- Coach, mentor and train members of the IT team in procedures, technical troubleshooting, customer service standards, etc.
- Provide recommendations on future technologyimprovements to be adopted by Adarma.
- Deputise for the Head of IT when absent.
- Extensive experience with Windows Server / AD, Office365 and SharePoint.
- CompTIA Security+ or a desire to work towards gaining this certification within 6 months of joining Adarma
- Mac experience
- Jamf Administration (desirable)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner (desirable)
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including Company Pension, Private Health Care, Health Cash-Back Plan, Cycle to Work, enhanced support for Mental Health & Wellbeing, gym discounts and high street discounts platform
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, resulting in industry recognised accreditations and qualifications
- Flexible working hours, occasional home office (where possible)
- Recognition platform
- Rewards for excellent performance through our annual Year-End Awards
- We encourage autonomy and entrepreneurship enabling our consultants and employees to influence the strategy and direction of the business
As part of the interview process, Adarma will require proof of your Right to Work documents for verification. This can be your Passport and/or Working Visa. Alternatively your full birth certificate and NI number. If offered a role with Adarma, you will be required to complete Pre-Employment Screening (PES) checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation
Please note our fraud prevention process relating to all job applications. Fraud prevention databases have been established for the purpose of allowing employers to share data on their employment fraud cases. Should any investigation identify fraud or the commission or any other offence by you when applying or during your engagement with Adarma, we will record the details of this on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies, other employers and potential employers to prevent fraud.