We are supporting a dual brand main dealer based in Weston-super-Mare with their search for a Level 3 (or equivalently qualified) *TECHNICIAN *.. .. .. ..
*Key Elements of the position*
* To carry out routine maintenance and servicing checks and repairs in line with the requirements of the manufacturer.
* To run fault diagnostics and rectification.
* Carry out repair / service operations to engine units, drive trains, axle assemblies, suspension components, brakes, air conditioning systems, wheel alignment, instrument panels, emissions systems, and all interior trim components etc.
* Use of computers / IT for on-line technical support, diagnostic`s, complimentary vehicle health checks, manufacturer training etc.
* Direct communication with customers to identify / understand concerns with vehicle running performance and to advise about technical issues.
* Road test vehicles on completion of repair / service work, also accompanying customers for demonstration of vehicle concerns or faults.
* Manufacturer training will be provided via e-learning in addition to on and off-site learning at manufacturer training centres, this may involve overnight stays on various occasions.
* Relevant formal qualification - City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
* A current and UK driving licence - without excess penalty points
* Minimum 3 years' experience, within a franchised dealership or quality independent workshop
This is a busy and successful dealership that represents 2 well-known quality brands. They offer a pleasant, happy working environment with an approachable, "open-door" management policy. Ongoing training - supported by the represented brands - plus a competitive salary and bonus scheme are also included.
*kream motor recruitment* is a motor trade-specific recruitment agency based in Exeter covering the whole of the south west, specialising in permanent vacancies in franchised motor dealers. Please visit our website to view all of our current vacancies.