Senior Data Engineer - Machine Learning, Python, Spark, KDB
A leading Investment Bank are hiring a Senior Data Engineer with experience of Python and Machine Learning to join their Front Office. This position will sit as part of Sales and Trading as they build creative solutions within Global Markets.
The core technology stack is based on Python, Spark and KDB. The predominant focus will be the build out of the new analytics product including Machine Learning pipelines. The key requirements for this role are technology based but a knowledge of Global Markets across Equities, Fixed Income OR FX would be desirable.
They are offering a very good salary with excellent bonus earning potential due to the front office nature and revenue generating work.Your expertise:
- 4-10+ years of strong experience designing and developing large applications, analytics and data pipelines in a rigorous production environment.
- Proficiency in Java and/or Python or similar. Experience in both is a huge plus.
- Experience developing applications that rely on many web APIs and other protocols.
- Experience with Pydata stack (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn etc.)
- Experience in KDB would be a massive benefit
- Experience with real world problem solving using Machine Learning
- Experience in some or all of data and cloud technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, YARN, Cloudera, Airflow, Oozie, S3, Presto, Kafka Connect, Microsoft Azure, Terraform, Hive etc.
- Good knowledge of building event-driven, loosely coupled distributed applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leading Investment Bank on brand new development of a Sales Data Analytics system utilising the latest in Machine Learning.