We are supporting remote working temporarily for this role.
Here at YO! alongside our famous Restaurant Estate, we operate over 80 retail kiosks, bringing restaurant quality Sushi and Asian Street Food to a Supermarket near you! We currently partner with Waitrose, ASDA and TESCO and have many more openings planned for 2021.
Beyond this, YO! has expanded rapidly into a global multi-channel, multi-format Japanese business with over 1,400 kiosks, global franchise operations and seven factories, with significant operations in USA and Canada.
We're constantly evolving and looking for new ways to deliver our food to our guests around the world. After purchasing Canada's biggest sushi company (Bento), followed by a sushi manufacturing facility in London (Taiko) in April 2018 and, most recently, we merged with SnowFox, one of the largest operators and franchise owners of sushi kiosks in the United States, we're proud to be one of the largest Japanese food companies outside of Japan.
We now have over £250 million of sales per year (including franchisees' sales), of which two-thirds originates from North America.
With our UK Retail business growing, we are looking for a Dynamic Senior Management Accountant. An exciting and rare opportunity to grow your career in a colourful, dynamic and exciting environment.
We are an incredibly acquisitive brand, if you're looking for a fast paced working environment with scope to grow across a Global estate - we'd love to hear from you.
Working as part of the YO! UK Finance Team in our growing Retail division, you will be key to accurate and complete management reporting of results for ever growing kiosks and factory business, and important analysis of the underlying data including:
- Business partnering with the retail Managing Directors
- Line management of 2 direct reports
- Preparation of monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow including all accounting entries and ensuring results are accurately recorded
- Maintaining and enhancing a strong control environment
- Perform site by site reviews of kiosk P&Ls
- Perform detailed P&L review of factory operation and assist the management accountant with closing the month end
- Review balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Create accurate accounting of concession and retail income statements
- Provide critical finance support through launch of new products and new customers to the factory business
- Provide financial support to continuous improvement projects including Navision systems upgrades, production planner updates, costing analysis, etc.
- Respond to finance queries received from kiosk, operations team and factory management team
- Cashflow management
- Capex appraisals
Required skills and experience
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Previous experience in similar role
- Fantastic communication skills and ability to manage key relationships internally and externally
- Strong commercial acumen essential
- Intermediate excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, SUMIFS)
- Self starter with strong attention to detail, used to working autonomously and thriving in a fast paced environment
- Positive "can do" attitude and proactive approach to drive efficiencies, always striving to make improvements
Beneficial skills and experience
- Retail and multi-site experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience of Microsoft Navision