- The Clinical Lead role will report to the Operational and Clinical Directors, and work alongside the Operations Manager with accountability for providing clinical expertise, advice and support to clients and the business in line with KML OH management system, relevant legislation, and Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) requirements.
- The Clinical Lead will support the management of the clinical team in the provision of occupational health (OH) services in line with KML OH policies and procedures.
- The Clinical Lead will oversee and steer ongoing external audit and re-accreditation requirements, and support Keltbray's Compliance team in meeting quality protocols and statutory/industry accreditation requirements.
- The Clinical Lead will keep abreast of changing OH legislation and clinical practice, advising the business in order to meet clinical compliance and address client demands.
· The Clinical Lead will abide by the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
With support from line management, the Clinical Lead will be responsible for maintaining their professional development including NMC Revalidation.Primary clinical and managerial tasks and duties, which are not limited to:
· Work in partnership with the clinical team, Operations Manager, and Operational and Clinical Directors
· Provide case management in adherence with the KML OH management system; working within professional scope of practice; liaising with referring managers and other relevant healthcare professionals as required; and make (and overseeing) onward referrals as applicable.
· Manage the clinical audit programme with specific consideration to maintaining SEQOHS and RISQS accreditation requirements.
· Perform health screening/ surveillance and risk assessment in line with KML OH management system and best practice as required.
· Advise in escalation of clinical cases identified through routine medicals and health assessments.
· Carry out drug and alcohol testing as per KML OH management system as required
· Undertake clinical policy and procedural writing, implementation and review in line with legislative updates and evidence-based clinical practice.
· Ensure all clinical standards and quality protocols relevant to OH provision are aligned with specific industry sector requirements (e.g. rail).
· Work with clients to understand their needs, and tailor and review service provision; using customer review and feedback, with clinical audit to assure quality and evolve practice.
· Support the Operational Director and Operations Manager in preparing tender bids.
· Support the management of KML OH equipment and calibration programme.
· Liaise with third party OH services using KML OH/ Keltbray on-boarding procedures and clinical audit to monitor service provision.
· Maintain accurate record keeping in line with GDPR and adhere to KML OH and NMC confidentiality practices.
· Undertake all mandatory training requirements.
· Support professional development and evaluation of performance of clinical team through mentorship and Keltbray's appraisal system.
· Work with KML OH paramedic(s) to understand and monitor paramedic practice; drug administration; and service provision.
· Play an active role as a member of Keltbray Health & Wellbeing Committee and deliver specified objectives to support overall achievement of Health & Wellbeing Committee
· Assist in creating/delivery of health promotion programmes in line with client requirements and identified health needs analysis.
· Participate in KML OH's regular management review meetings: providing relevant clinical feedback; health and safety update; and review of clinical audit (non-conformance).
· Manage the transfer of occupational health records from incumbent providers.Essential
- Registered nurse with the NMC part 1
- Registered Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Occupational Health (NMC part 3)
- Car driver with own transport
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, organised, flexible and presentable
- Meet DBS requirements.
- Works autonomously with high degree of integrity
- Effective people management experience and skills
- Understanding of eOPAS Occupational Health management system (database)
- Management experience within occupational health
- Understanding of SEQOHS audit and re-accreditation process
- Understanding of RISQS (occupational health provider) audit and re-accreditation process