SHOPPER MARKETING MANAGER - £45-55k, London
Due to rapid continued business growth this rare opportunity has come up for a Shopper Marketing Manager to join in a newly created position at a top high-growth £10m+ premium food challenger brand. Based in their attractive open plan office in London you can expect a very ambitious, but people-led culture that's all about integrity, values, thinking smart and collaboration. Fantastic brand proposition and strong distribution.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for planning, executing and evaluating all Customer & Shopper Marketing activity in the UK market covering Grocery, Wholesale, Convenience and a small amount of Food Service. Working closely with the team you will develop data and insights-led activation plans, delivering measurable results in line with the wider strategic plan. As a premium brand, quality of execution is key, so it will also be important to work collaboratively to ensure that all media and POS is on brand and executed to a consistently high level.
Working across multiple categories with frequent NPD launches and range changes, you will need to demonstrate a high level of flexibility and agility in your approach to Customer Marketing budgeting, planning and delivery. Although the budgets for this role are decent relative to the size of the brand, as a growing business they still don't have the resources of a big FMCG brand and one of the key challenges will be how you allocate and juggle Customer Marketing budgets across multiple channels, categories and product launches which pose a high degree of complexity and a challenge worthy of a great candidate!
- Annual planning and budget management Customer marketing activation execution
- Evaluation and reporting on ROI and optimisation
- Data and insights - develop expertise on core categories and feed into Business & Marketing strategy
- Regularly monitor competitor and customer/retailer activity and report back to wider business
- Support Sales team to prepare for customer meetings/presentations and Buyer conversations
- Support Marketing team on additional projects where required, e.g. packaging, brand planning
Key Skills & Experience
- Must have experience in Customer/Trade/Shopper Marketing specific roles within a consumer branded FMCG business (strong preference for Food or Drinks background)
- Customer Marketing experience within Top 4 Grocery
- Familiarity with retailer, category and market data (e.g. Self-Serve, 5One, IRI, Kantar)
- Experience managing agencies and the briefing, design and production of creative assets and POS
- Commercially astute with an awareness of business needs
- Strong negotiator. Able to justify strategic rationale to internal stakeholders and sell in retailer plans.
- Confident, outgoing and excellent communicator
- Analytically minded with creative flair
- Strong project management, budget management, planning and organisation skills
- Eye for detail (e.g. excellent proofreading and checking skills)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Calm under pressure; comfortable dealing with complexity and change
- Flexible, collaborative approach; genuine team player
- Ideally also experience working on premium brands - highly desirable
*Please note that while we will try to respond to all applications, often the sheer volume of responses means we can only focus on the most relevant. You should hear from us within 2-5 days if your application has been successful.