About the Company
Zap Surgical Systems is a Silicon Valley surgical robotics start-up. ZAP designs and manufactures the ZAP-X® Gyroscopic Radiosurgery™ platform, the world's first and only vault-free, cobalt-free radiosurgery system.
Leveraging first-in-kind gyroscopic mobility, the ZAP-X precisely directs radiation beams from hundreds of unique positions to non-invasively destroy brain tumors. The result: a highly effective, painless, and non-invasive alternative to surgery.
Today, more than 2 million patients are potential candidates for radiosurgery, yet only 150,000 receive this potentially life-saving treatment. By removing historical cost and complexity constraints, ZAP looks to enable world-class radiosurgery in locations previously considered inconceivable.
With explosive growth plans in our future, we are seeking experienced Sr. Clinical Support Specialists located in Europe to work closely with our engineering team and customers.About the Opportunity
Located just about anywhere in Europe, this position is responsible for guiding clients through treatment delivery workflows, helping customers increase product utilization, lead software & hardware upgrades and act as the primary consultant for customer troubleshooting, consultation and knowledge transfer. This position will also be responsible for resolving escalated problems and issues as well as cultivating strong relationships with the customer team (Neurosurgeon, Physicists and Therapists).Primary Job Duties:
- Act as the primary consultant for the client's solution troubleshooting, consultation and knowledge transfer of Zap-X system including Treatment Planning System (TPS), Treatment Delivery System (TDS) and DICOM management
- Learn and acquire skills needed to support our clients by working with the engineering team and becoming an expert user
- Help our clients seamlessly go live by helping them get very comfortable in using the system (Treatment Planning, Treatment Delivery, and the overall system)
- Develop and demonstrate strong understanding of Zap's value proposition and strategy including knowledge of competitive products and supported use cases
- Demonstrate thought leadership and also show humility and willingness to learn by working with the customer and sometimes working for the customer to help them get on board
- Act as a Zap's brand ambassador
- Must be willing to travel extensively in Europe with both in the US and internationally
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- 3-5 Years' experience in any of the following areas:
- --Image Guided Surgery
- --Radiation Therapy
- --Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- --Medical Physicist
- 5+ years' experience in client facing or pre-sales or post-sales roles
- Knowledge of medical image modality (CT/MR/US) and image acquisition/control (video camera or X-Ray imaging) and computer vision/image processing techniques a strong plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer and influencing skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, physics or other related discipline