A Content Strategist at Momentum is more than a talented writer. Yes, you need to have exceptional writing skills for both short and long-form copy. Yes, you need a creative streak so you can bring complex subjects to life in ways that will intrigue and excite a target audience. But you also need to be a consultant in the true sense of the word. Someone who wants to work closely with clients - get to know the key stakeholders, their marketing needs and build lasting relationships.
This being a consultative role, you need to be comfortable running projects from the discovery phase through to execution, often with very little oversight. That means leading calls and sometimes workshops with Sales and Marketing teams to understand their specific content strategy objectives. Clients come to Momentum for advice so you also need to be confident in a brainstorming environment where you are expected to speak from a position of experience and expertise.
When it comes to execution, your work will vary greatly from messaging and value proposition development through to video scripts, social media posts, blogs, web copy and longer-form eBooks. This role calls for someone who is a self-starter, versatile, and ready to tackle anything as our business grows and evolves. Role Responsibilities
- Work closely with Client, Strategy and Creative Leads on a small number of clients from technology and financial services
- Actively contribute and sometimes lead discovery calls with clients where you will engage Sales & Marketing stakeholders in a discussion about their program needs
- Collaborate with Strategy on content planning, ideation and messaging
- Work in tandem with Creative Leads to develop program concepts and articulate the rationale behind them
- Present your ideas, messaging and written work to clients (and occasionally prospects)
- Audit existing content from clients, make recommendations for new assets and develop orchestration plans
- Support Designers and Art Directors in the execution phase and QC work when required
- Own and manage all content work from end-to-end and capture client feedback for ongoing improvement
- Contribute to Momentum's own product evolution and marketing
We are an equal opportunities employer with a great working enviroment and fantastic culture.