Who we are
AppyWay started out life as AppyParking. An app made to solve the frustration of finding a parking space. To create the award-winning app, the AppyWay team began building up the UK's largest set of standardised kerbside data, a task that led us to realise the untapped potential lying under everyone's feet. With a vision for more liveable cities, our obsession turned to the kerb.
Today, AppyWay offers an advanced platform of accurate, standardised data, APIs, and tools for smart kerbside management. We do this through effectively digitizing the kerb, utilizing IoT sensors to establish kerbside demand data, and further enriching this via a wide range of sources such as payment operators, navigation and traffic solutions, mobility and last mile operators, mobility as a service (MaaS) apps, electric vehicle and infrastructure apps, plus a variety of other tools.
Councils like Milton Keynes, Cambridgeshire, Portsmouth, Harrogate, Coventry, Southwark, Cornwall, Dorset and more, ordinary drivers, fleets and logistics firms, use our platform.
AppyWay is backed by a number of leading investors. To date, we have completed a £7.6 million Series A round that drew in blue-chip investors including Sumitomo Corporation, Hyundai Motor Company, and Aviva Ventures, West Hill Capital, and Breed Reply.
We recently announced the launch of a £20 million Series B funding round. This will be used to support organic growth of our platform, strategic acquisitions, further technological investment, and international scalability.
We're building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.What you will be doing
What you will have
- Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer you will be developing new features for our iOS/Android based mobile app
- Demonstrating a strong background in native mobile app development
- Contributing to technical and business discussions to help shape products and roadmaps
- Working on large scale problems with stringent performance requirements
- Accessing RESTful APIs and integrating with external service providers
- Working with geo-spatial mapping data
- Taking pride in your work with a passion to do things correctly and on time
- Working with agile methodologies and automated delivery
- Having fun and sharing the mirth with your colleagues
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, GitHub, Firebase, AppCenter
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience working as mobile app developer
- Higher degree in computer science or comparable credentials
- Knowledge of CI/CD staged software release processes working with Product Managers and UI/UX designers
- Technical acumen, an ability to understand complex topics, and a fearless problem-solving attitude
- Proficiency in code versioning, including pull requests, reviews, & Git wizardry
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests
- Ability to self motivate and work effectively whilst working remotely
- Deep understanding of either iOS or Android (Bonus if both)
- At least 2+ years of development with Kotlin
- Understanding of Google Material Design and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with architecture patterns VIPER, MVVM, MVC, and other frameworks ReactiveX (RXAndroid), Dependency Injection
- Mapbox SDK - Bonus
- MirrorLink Experience - Bonus
- Ideally with some knowledge of the iOS platform, and Swift language. If you have developed any app in iOS it will be considered a bonus.
What you would get
- At least 2+ years of development with Swift
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with architecture patterns VIPER, MVVM, MVC and other frameworks ReactiveX (RxSwift), Dependency Injection, Core Data, Core Animations, Core Location
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Mapbox SDK - Bonus
- Ideally with some knowledge of the Android platform, and Kotlin/Java language
- Starting salary: £55,000-£75,000 DOE
- Equity: Share Options after 6 months of employment
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years
- Pension: 3% company contributory
- Perkbox account including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like discounted gym membership, free Cafe Nero coffee and half price cinema tickets
No agencies please.