Alfa has an opportunity for an experienced Service Desk ManagerAbout Alfa
With over 300 employees worldwide, Alfa is a leading provider of software and services to the global auto and equipment finance industries. Alfa Systems, our technology platform, is at the heart of some of the world's largest asset finance companies. Key to the business case for each implementation is Alfa Systems' ability to consolidate multiple client systems on to a single platform. Alfa Systems supports both retail and corporate business for auto, equipment, wholesale and dealer finance on a multijurisdictional basis, including leases/loans, originations and servicing. An end-to-end solution with integrated workflow and automated processing using business rules. With over 30 current clients and 26 countries served, Alfa has been delivering successful projects for our customers since 1990, and is expanding rapidly throughout Europe, North America and beyond. We listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2017.Purpose
Manage the internal customer facing service desk team in all aspects of IT Service ManagementKey responsibilities/ activities :
Required experience /qualifications :
- Member of the Technical Operations Leadership team
- Manage the IT Service Desk team levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Manage all ITSM components of incident, problem, service request, change management and configuration management, ensuring timely resolution and delivery aligned to SLAs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the service desk team in the event of incidents and challenging problems.
- Engage in major incidents and produce root cause analysis including leading post-mortems and retrospectives.
- Appropriately escalate complex incidents and problems.
- Prioritise and organize service desk workloads.
- Manage busy periods and absences by performing the service Desk Analyst role.
- Provide timely communication and updates to customers in regards to incidents, service requests, maintenance and other activities.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive knowledgebase to be a source of authoritative information for the company.
- Solicit and act on customer feedback.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement, process automation and efficiencies.
- Manage service desk projects
- Monitor infrastructure and maintain compliance with latest security requirements.
- Act as the IT change manager.
- Manage inventory and stock; and ensure license compliance.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships and monitor SLAs.
- Set and agree goals aligned to Technical Operations and Company strategy.
- Define, implement and report service desk KPIs.
Preferred experience /qualifications :
- At least 3 years' experience in a supervisory role in IT Service Desk or Support team within a corporate environment.
- Previous experience in a service desk analyst/senior analyst role supporting and delivery of:
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Windows 10
- MS Office
- Virtualisation platforms, such as VMware
- Automation techniques and tools
- ITIL Foundation.
- Working knowledge of current industry security certifications.
- Awareness of financial accounting practices.
- Knowledge of Linux
- People accountabilities Day to day management and supervision of the service desk team.
- Sets goals and objectives aligned to broader team and organisational vision and strategy
- Performance management of service desk staff including, coaching and development.
- Interact and collaborate with all business units.
- Budget accountabilities Contribute to the preparation and ongoing management of the Technical Operations budget.
- Maintain expenditure within the Technical Operations budget.
Culture is vibrant, innovative and diverse, and we are proud of it. Ours is a close-knit community. Alfa employees are an eclectic mix and all are creative, talented and hardworking. We think it is important to build close working relationships within our company, so we hold numerous team events and conferences that bring us together for socialising and team building. We all enjoy the work-life balance and the great culture, with plenty of social activities organised by the company.