Position Reports To:
Regional Finance Director, with dotted line to UK General ManagerDirect Reports:
Alfreton (Derbyshire) Entities
: UK entities (excluding Turbine Services Limited)
Travel requirements Two UK sites (Derbyshire and Crewe) and occasional overseas travel Summary:
Responsible for: providing financial leadership to the Chromalloy UK entities; ensuring compliance to GAAP \ IFRS, Sequa \ Chromalloy policies and procedures and local Statutory requirements; coordinating the Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis activities; partnering with the UK General Manager.
. Primary Accountabilities:
- Financial support to site leadership, analyze key performance indicators to identify underlying business issues, provide input for operational decisions.
- Support decision making process by managing the analysis and reporting around key business drivers, including revenue, cash, gross margin, expenses, capital expenditures and inventory.
- Manage the forecast and budget process, including consolidation and analysis.
- Develop and monitor monthly operating metrics.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance including ad hoc business case analysis, create financial models, and analyze trends to support the growth of the business.
- Play a key leadership role in partnering Finance with business operations to drive operational initiatives.
- Ensure and maintain all internal controls and compliance with Sequa \ Chromalloy policies and procedures
- Develop performance and execution of UK Finance Team.
- Working Capital Management in order to maximize cash flow
- Establishing trust and credibility with site departments, sales and corporate finance organization will be a key success factor.
- Driving the acceptance and adoption of wide scale change into the operating unit will require a measured, win-win approach.
- This position will need to build strong relationships throughout the organization, also at a distance. These relationships will be critical for marshaling and motivating resources without direct reporting relationships.
- Providing proactive leadership to positively impact both internal and external stakeholders will require significant personal commitment and planning.
Works and behaves in a manner that demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
2. Team Oriented Leadership:
Demonstrated ability to manage both team and individual performance, develop talent and deliver results through others
3. Functional / Technical Skills:
Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling expertise with high standards of accuracy and precision; In depth understanding of financial statements and core finance and accounting concepts; Knowledge of financial systems (SAP, Oracle, Epicor, Hyperion (HFM, SmartView, Planning); Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
4. Problem Solving & Analysis:
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
5. Action Orientation:
Highly driven and self-motivated ;
Capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment; Ability to work independently, proactively and creatively to develop solutions
6. Interpersonal Skills:
Demonstrated ability and desire to communicate, collaborate and coordinate through others throughout the business and financial organizations
Strong written and verbal communications
Ability to recognize key issues and effectively communicate to management; Ability to provide the information people need to know to do their jobs and make accurate decisionsMinimum Requirements:Education:
Bachelors degree essential Fully qualified accountant (
ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
MBA or Masters degree preferredExperience:
10+ years of progressive experience with at least 3 years in a Finance leadership role of sufficient scope and complexity.
Experience in a business/commercial focused finance role at a senior level is a requisite
Experience and understanding of an international culture is essential.Skills:
· Requires demonstrated success leading a Finance organization as a partner with operations and corporate leadership in understanding key financial metrics, forecasts and trends.
· Strong decision-making skills and ability to use sound judgment and challenge assumptions when appropriate
· Proven ability to influence senior management as relates to conclusions based upon analysis and findings.
· Demonstrated knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements.
· Proven flexibility and ability to cope with pressure resulting from changing priorities and meeting tight deadlines and reporting requirements
- Must demonstrate an effective communication skill/style to present complex ideas in a compelling and comprehensive manner.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Extensive computer experience using MS Excel and other MS Office products.
- Strong understanding of both financial and operational processes.