Anthemis is at the centre of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital world. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners, and dedicated problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services. We work with a diverse group of clients and partners - from start-ups and venture capital firms to corporates - catalysing and accelerating positive and disruptive change across the financial industry.
We're seeking a UK-based Assistant Finance Director to cover a 12 month maternity leave from early May 2021, including a handover period, working with our Finance Team to perform and maintain the responsibilities of the role.
The Finance department is a small, high performance team of three which provides financial management and operational support across Anthemis' activities, investment funds and regulated manager, as well as Anthemis Group entities globally. The Finance team's remit is to reduce the firm's non-investment risk to nil, while supporting the work of the various teams (fundraising, investment monitoring, legal/compliance etc.).
Anthemis is always searching for the best talent and we operate a 'remote first' strategy so can be flexible on location.
Scope of role
Key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following
- Manage the funds' UK, US and Luxembourg-based fund administrators, including in respect of capital calls, financial reporting and audit/tax matters, investment funding and divestment, banking and regulatory matters.
- Supervise the annual audit for each of the Manager, the funds and Group companies.
- Oversee preparation of annual and quarterly reports, liaising with outsourced providers, auditors and portfolio monitoring team.
- Undertake active treasury management of cash balances to maximize interest, manage foreign currency and hedging where appropriate.
- Supervise all payment processes, invoicing, expenses and ensure appropriate allocation of costs.
- Manage all tax affairs of the firm; oversee the preparation and submission of reports to the FCA, HMRC and Companies House, and all compliance and regulatory matters.
- Manage employee remuneration and pension administration
- Work with management to drive operational excellence and efficiency
- A qualified accountant, having operated as a Fund Controller, Financial Controller or similar, ideally within an investment fund business.
- Excellent communicator with a strong presence/credibility and the ability to build high quality relationships with all stakeholders.
- Strong IT literacy, mathematical and analytical skills and attention to detail
- High levels of pace, determination and resilience to be able to juggle several commitments at once and succeed in a fast-paced investment business
- A self-starter with strong judgement who is able to self-direct and work independently
- Agile and flexible approach with ability to adapt quickly to ever-changing requirements in a growing business
- Highly discrete, ethical in all matters and operates with integrity and a strong respect for diversity and inclusion
Working at Anthemis
Come and be part of an inclusive, flexible work environment where our people are encouraged to grow and do their best work. We are proud of our diversity and proactive in ensuring our opportunities are accessible to everyone. Anthemis is an equal opportunity employer. It is really important to us that we give access to opportunities to as wide a variety of people as possible. So if there is additional support we could offer you to enable you to participate in this process, please include this is in your expression of interest.
- Competitive market-led salary and bonus
- Flexible hours/work from home
- 25 days holiday plus local public holidays
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Programme of health and wellbeing benefits
Our goal is to ensure that Anthemis upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for a role or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn more about where you can be additive to our team.