IT Project Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Manager with a technical background to work in their IT department -This role will be situated within their Software Development function and will work alongside a team of Developers, Business Analysts and IT Project Managers to help deliver small system enhancements through to large scale multi-functional and cross-platform projects.
The role will report to the Head of Business Systems and work as a co-ordinator and project delivery facilitator between the various business lines and IT, responsible for overseeing critical IT deliverables, co-ordinating tasks with various resources and supporting the testing and release processes.
We need someone who is self-sufficient and adaptable to different governance methods and constraints when delivering projects. There will be a short hand-over period and multiple projects at various stages to manage from day 1.Skills/Experience
- Strong MS Office skills; Project, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Self-sufficient with wide experience in project management governance
- Proficient at project planning, co-ordinating resources and resolving conflicts
- Takes ownership to engage and communicate proactively and effectively at all levels of the business
- Highly skilled in delivering against project objectives and successfully implementing IT change
- 5+ years-experience in a Project Management role within IT or a technical position
- Takes responsibility for architectural adherence, quality standards, policies and internal IT processes.
- Track record of managing business and technical projects of strategic significance via third party suppliers.
- Experience in integration of disparate systems and multiple applications
- Understanding of ISO 27001 IT Security Risk Management
- Experience of project task and defect tracking tools such as Jira
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website