Maintenance Supervisors are required to organise, plan and control of maintenance and repair works safely as required to ensure business continuity. To do this successfully the role requirements are below
- Safely manage internal and external resources to deliver varied plant and equipment maintenance repair operations in line with business needs and targets
- Discharge compliance with associated legislation; PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR, LEV, PSSR etc.
- Working within the Health & Safety Regulations; Work at height, confined spaces, EAWR etc.
- Plan expenditure to an agreed budget working with the Maintenance manager
- Contribute and act upon the Autonomous and professional maintenance strategy to deliver continuous improvement throughout the business with respect to MRO
The role includes managing and developing a team of Technicians and associated team activities including proposing and implementing improvement initiatives. This in turn is intended to improve equipment performance supporting the overall business drive for continuous improvement and operational efficiency. Key tasks for this role are
- Utilising the CMMS system to ensure accurate recording and reporting of works
- Provide daily/weekly progress reports on machine uptime as required
- Support RCA of events to eliminate reoccurrences
- Control 3rd Parties supporting MRO activities inc. review of RAMS, Certification and approvals
- Relevant Engineering qualifications; E.g Trade Apprenticeship, ONC or Higher (Essential)
- Certified in compliance matters; E.g Machinery Safety, DSEAR etc. (Desirable)