Finance Manager - Regulatory Reporting
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, plus benefits.
We're Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester.
Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years' we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets.
We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers' financial ambitions accessible. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
Due to some changes internally, we now have a requirement for a Finance Manager - Regulatory Reporting
based from our office in Cheadle.
This role is responsible for Regulatory Reporting across the Together group This role also supports in certain financial control activities for the regulated division, including providing oversight of financial control and Treasury activities performed by Group service departments.
The role has direct line management responsibility of a team member, and in addition works across multiple other finance teams.
Together is a business that is never standing-still and provides an exciting place to work for someone who likes to deliver to a high-standard and is comfortable with change.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintenance of the Regulatory Reporting Framework including ensuring robust reporting processes across the suite of returns.
- Responsible for leading the accurate production, review and approval of the Group's FCA regulatory reporting and Bank of England statistical reporting on a timely basis (also for trade body reporting)
- Responsible for liaison with contacts at the Regulator (FCA/BoE) for regulatory reporting matters, ensuring all reporting queries are appropriately responded to on a timely basis. Ensure relevant senior stakeholders are appraised of key reporting queries and their resolution
- Maintain up to date knowledge of reporting requirements, regulatory changes and developments.- Provide lead SME input into projects as required
- Manage a team member on day-to-day basis, ensuring continued challenge and development opportunities
- Co-ordination of the quarterly accounting remediation papers to the relevant Board committees
- Monitoring of key services from Group Finance and Treasury colleagues,
- Provide leadership input into the Personal Finance Finance team and proactively contribute to the Personal Finance management team.
- Intermediate Excel
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA - significant post qualified experience
- Experience of Financial control and accounting processes
- Understanding of financial risk management
- Proven capability of managing multiple deliverables to tight deadlines, in a highly controlled environment.
- Ability to engage and influence at the senior stakeholder level. Strong relationship builder.
- Ability to clearly articulate issues both verbally and in writing
- Strong experience of best practice control environments
- Experience of wider finance and finance management roles
- Experience and understanding of Regulatory Reporting
- Experience and understanding of Financial services
- Ability to manage a team member, proactively looking for and delivering continuous improvements and colleague engagement
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
Together has been named as one of the UK's best 100 mid-size companies, for the second year running, ranking at an impressive 52nd in the 2019 Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.