Who are we?
Treetops is a growing firm of Chartered Accountants based in Farnborough Hampshire, established in 2000. We deliver a full range of accounting, audit, tax and business advisory services to a wide range of clients from not-for-profit to sole traders to multi-million-pound businesses throughout the UK and abroad. The client base is diverse and interesting. Our culture is one of informality whilst still maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards, and offering a superior client service.Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a full-time qualified accountant with extensive UK practical experience for a portfolio of clients. The successful candidate will be required to work 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. The role will include:
What can we offer you?
- Managing a portfolio of clients to reporting deadlines
- Preparation of statutory accounts under both FRS 102 and Section 1a
- Communicating directly with clients on their year-end accounts process to ensure accounts are prepared accurately and clients are aware of the relevant implications
- Explaining simple financial reporting and taxation to clients in an understandable manner
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns
- Preparation and submission of accounts for partnerships and the self-employed
- Preparation and submission of personal tax returns
- Building relationships with key clients as part of key account management
- Being a reference point for clients for technical queries with respect to accounting and taxation
- Keeping practice manager informed of job progress and any issues arising
- Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services
- Supporting the growth of the firm by helping structure and streamline processes to the benefit of the everyone
- Assisting colleagues from time to time with ad hoc projects
What skills and attributes do you need?
- Salary negotiable according to experience
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free onsite car parking (initially the role will be based remotely until lockdown restrictions are lifted)
- We have over a dozen qualified accountants who are able to provide support to you. Your experience will enhance the team and you will also pool your knowledge as and when required to assist colleagues.
- Sufficient CPD is provided by the firm to meet ICAEW and ACCA requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
Covid -19 considerations
- Recognised accountancy qualification
- Proficiency in
- Sage Line 50
- VT accounts production
- Knowledge of all UK VAT schemes
- Previous experience in a UK Accountancy practice
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Commitment to customer service
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Willingness to take on extra responsibilities as required
- Ability to take initiative
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Initially the role will be based remotely until lockdown restrictions are lifted, when it will be mainly office-based.