Company DescriptionSnook is a design studio built to make the world more human. We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this with our design team, engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.In the past five years we've more than doubled in size to a team approaching 40 people, opened a new London studio, and worked with brilliant clients - from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco to the Scottish Government.Learn More About Snook's Exciting Journey Here.We have big plans for the next three years and are seeking people who can join us, working with our partners and clients to design services that support people to thrive.Below, you'll find information on our requirements, the job responsibilities, our values, what we're looking for, what we offer, and how to apply.We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this by engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.This year we're eleven years old. In the past five years, we've scaled to more than double our original size when we started up in Scotland. We now have over 80 people across the UK. And we've worked with brilliant clients - from Cancer Research UK and Tesco to Hackney City Council and the Scottish Government.Job DescriptionPlease note:
This role requires Security Clearance and applicants will need to have been a continuous resident in the UK for the past 5 years
As an Interaction Designer at Snook, you will be responsible for participating in projects with a focus on creating intuitive, inclusive and accessible design solutions.
Your work will include designing holistic services that work for a wide range of people, and the design of digital products and supporting the digital design team and wider disciplines to embrace the importance of accessible interaction design.
Your work will require collaboration across our user centered disciplines and go beyond the screen.
You will design in the open, communicating the design decisions within the project team and clients, championing the importance of design and user needs.
You'll relish working closely with our clients and partners in co-designing services and products with users.Qualifications
We're keen to hear from a range of applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following skills and experience:
- Proven interaction design experience including wireframing and website development
- A strong portfolio of user-centred, responsive and well-researched design work
- Experience in taking feedback from users, clients and peers on your designs
- Knowledge of the WCAG 2.1 guidelines and general accessibility criteria
- A working knowledge of front-end frameworks (React, Vue.js) and design patterns (MVC, MVVM, Flux, etc.) and understanding of their benefits and constraints
- Experience of working with development teams
- An understanding of user experience best practice across web and mobile
- Experience of using design systems (e.g Gov.uk prototyping kit) would be beneficial
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training
- We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks.
- We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead
- We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started