Are you passionate about Credit Insurance? Are you seeking a progressive role in a growing and reputable MGA?
Nexus Trade Credit are currently recruiting for a dynamic Risk Underwriter / Credit Analyst to join our busy underwriting team in London. The successful candidate will form an integral part of the team, helping to analyse domestic and export risk supporting our renewal and new business portfolio. This includes assessing and agreeing credit limits within authority levels and monitoring exposures in all sectors both domestically and globally.
The Nexus Trade Credit UK Non-Cancellable team is unique in the UK market, by offering non-cancellable coverage on a whole turnover and ground up basis. Our products may suit clients that are looking to take on a significant deductible (XOL) or more traditional middle market clients through our 'trigger' and 'complete' policies. In addition we offer Top Up coverage in excess of primary (typically cancellable) insurers, allowing clients to achieve full limit satisfaction on sectors and buyers with capacity constraints. Responsibilities of the role
- Conducting detailed financial analysis and formulating credit decisions and risk strategies on buyers, industries and countries
- Managing credit limit requests, taking into account the full scope of the policy and risks relating to buyers, countries and industries
- Proactive monitoring of credit limits and risk strategies
- Monitoring industry, economic and political trends
- Liaising internally and externally about risks and policies, this includes Underwriters, Brokers, clients, risks and information providers on an international level
About Nexus Group
- You will have 3-5 years practical hands-on experience in a Financial / Credit Analyst role, prior credit insurance or reinsurance experience is a strong advantage
- A broad knowledge of and interest in domestic and global economic trends
- Enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a focus on providing the best possible service
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and creating long-lasting relationships
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office software
Nexus Underwriting is the largest independent specialty Managing General Agent (MGA) in the London market. We believe in the ability and potential of all our people and are committed to helping them reach their full potential and future career aspirations by providing a motivational and encouraging work environment.