It's a brilliant time to be joining our McCann Birmingham - whilst 2020 has presented a unique set of challenges, it's also presented some fantastic opportunities, which means there's plenty going on and plenty of opportunity for anyone who joins us.
Right now, we're looking for a Senior Email Developer within our CRM team where you'll play a lead role in building best in class responsive email campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud for an instantly recognisable high-street brand. Your email development skills will be first class, plus as our Senior Developer, you'll also work closely with the Salesforce Marketing team, Account and Creative teams to define requirements, improve processes and generally ensure campaigns are achieving the best possible results.Who We Are.
McCann Birmingham is part of McCann Central, the UK's largest integrated agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people's lives.
We are also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world's biggest brands.
And to add to the (literal) wheelbarrow full of awards we've got including Euro Effies most effective global agency, Cannes Network of the Year, Campaign's European Integrated Agency of the Year, not to mention McCann Central's haul of awards in recent years at Cannes Lions, Clios, One Show, D&AD, LIAs, Golden Drum & Creative Circle Awards. So creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
We're a team of passionate creatives, strategists and technologists from a wide mix of backgrounds. But there's a lot that unites us - like caring deeply about everything we make. And though our skillsets are wide and our process knowledge is deep, we are all still learning every day.Requirements
Ultimately we're looking for an experienced email developer who has a portfolio of experience developing responsive email campaigns (including dynamic content) for big brands; someone who's always keeping themselves up to date with the latest trends and best practices to constantly improve templates and how we deliver campaigns for clients. Here's more detail on what we're looking for (aka the bullet points)
- Building responsive emails using HTML and CSS
- Show-casing a strong understanding of HTML, CSS (AMPScript - preferred but not essential)
- Managing the day-to-day development of email templates by executing tasks including build planning, template coding, render testing
- Ensuring rendering consistency of email campaigns across multiple email clients, mobile devices and browsers
- Acting as a subject matter expert to the Salesforce Marketing and wider team, proposing technical solutions in order to meet the client's campaign objectives
- Providing support to two other email developers
- Continuously looking to help improve the way we produce email templates - you'll be someone who's happy helping us shape processes and spot opportunities to make email campaign delivery more efficient and effective
- Being involved in briefings, requirement gathering, estimation and more
- Contributing to discussions, providing feedback and offering suggestions to help our clients.
- Experience using Maizzle to build emails from component libraries is highly desirable, though not essential
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you'll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you'll get to work closely with the world's biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you'll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you'll work in an environment where you are supported and developed.
If you want to join an iconic network agency that offers you the chance to work on awesome clients & the opportunity to progress your career with an unrivalled development programme, contact us now.Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative - one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it's vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.