File Handler Assistant - Complex Injury
Keoghs are seeking a File Handler Assistant to join our growing Complex Injury Team in Bolton.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience in large loss and complex injury work including assisting on brain injury, spinal injury, amputation and fatal claims. In this role you will be required undertake a variety of file handling and non-file handling tasks to support a small team within our Complex Injury Claims Team. Your work will be supervised and feedback given as you develop your skills in this area.
You will work as part of a team, supporting those with responsibility for progressing each file from receipt of papers from the insurer client to resolution of the claim. The role will include:
• Delivery of agreed performance targets and quality standards - the File Handler Assistant will be expected to record a minimum of 5 chargeable hours per day.
· Fielding telephone calls and dealing with general queries that would be escalated from paralegals
· Instructing experts and drafting letters of instruction where delegated from the Assistant File Handler
· Liaising with parties involved in claims including the insured, insurer, witnesses etc
· Reviewing records and preparing a precis for file handlers
· Review of photographic evidence and video footage to provide precis for file handlers
· Arranging appointments for claimants to be seen by medical experts
· Arranging conferences with client and counsel and experts
· Attending client meetings and note taking where client approval given
· Dealing with disclosure and compiling list of documents
· To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
Maintain experts summary / interim payment records and offer history
Essential Skill & Attributes
· Minimum education standard of 5 GCSEs grades 5 or above or A-C with established interest in law either through further education (e.g. LPC or ILEX) or experience within a legal environment
· Experience of and understanding of the litigation process
· Good telephone and communication skills with people at all levels inside and outside the business
· Good Literacy and IT skills
· Ability to work effectively within the Keoghs Shared Behaviour framework