Phocas isn't just loved by our customers. We also have some of the happiest employees around, with a recently awarded culture transformation award, we rank #1 in G2 Crowd, and appear in Deloitte's Fast 50!
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Data Extraction Analyst
who will work to deliver great solutions that add real value to our customers.
Do you relish the challenge of understanding the structure of a new ERP or CRM database and being able to write effective and efficient queries to extract data?
This truly is a dynamic role! One day you may be locating and extracting sales and shipping information from SAP, the next it could be creating SQL views to cleanse API data from Hubspot. If you love putting together all the pieces of the puzzle, often when you haven't even got a picture to work from, then this role could be for you?
We have a strong team of high performers delivering excellent results and your skills will range across all aspects of the data life cycle. With a primary focus on data extraction from source IT Systems (ERP, MRP, CRM, etc), whilst flowing into the ability to effectively transform & model data into meaningful datasets that can be used within analytics.Key Responsibilities We are looking for someone who can write complex relational and multidimensional SQL queries, and has experience of data requirements gathering from multiple and differing systems. You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and prioritise tasks on your own initiative. You should also be enthusiastic about change, and willing to learn new skills. Flexible working hours, including spending 1-2 days a week in our amazing Coventry based office. Requirements
- Minimum 3 years experience/knowledge, and experience of working with SQL based ERPs
- Ability to make complex data simple to understand
- Experience in transforming datasets for presentation in a BI product
- Have a deep understanding of the importance and principles of writing clean, quality, high performing, and secure code and champion it within their team and the department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The confidence to talk knowledgeably at all levels both internally and externally
- A demonstrable ability to build strong collaborative relationships to deliver results
- High level of mathematical ability and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in creating Dashboards / Reports with a BI product - Phocas/Tableau/ Power BI
- Have experience in data analysis in a commercial setting
- Qualification/Education Requirements
- Degree in Mathematics, Computing, Statistics or another quantitative field or in lieu
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in a relevant Business Intelligence/Data Extraction Analyst related position
- Minimum 3 years hands-on SQL experience
- Experience in working with customers aligned to our key verticals -Wholesale Distribution, Manufacturing, Retail
- Understanding of how ERP MRP typical table structure
- Experience working in aSaaSenvironment