Huawei's Consumer Business Group is one of Huawei's three business groups providing both hardware products (handsets, PCs, tablets, wearables, mobile broadband devices, home devices, etc) and on-device cloud services (AppGallery Video, Music, Health, Themes, etc). To enrich the consumer experience delivered by Huawei devices and software, Huawei's Consumer Business Group is working to build an ecosystem of consumer cloud services.
Moreover, the Consumer Business Group is now operating E-commerce platforms facilitates the purchase of products and acquisition information. The Consumer Business Group also runs a brand, parallel to HUAWEI, known as Honor, which brings products that compliment audience lifestyles through innovative partnerships and collaborations, building the right eco-systems giving amazing users experiences.
As the Head of Social Media and KOLs, you will play a lead role in building and raising the profile of Huawei CBG's brand across Western Europe, working in collaboration with the PR and wider marketing team, driving the growth of the division and leading on the implementation of cutting edge integrated Social and KOL campaigns across the region.
In this role you will have two main areas of focus:
· Leading the day to day social and KOL activity at a WEU regional level, working with the local markets on activation, delivery and reporting.
· Driving the future of our social and KOL strategy, adapting and improving our deployment to ensure we maintain and increase our momentum in the market and stay relevant to the growing needs of the business.
· Create social media and KOL campaigns that can be implemented across Western Europe to drive Huawei CBG's future success.
· Lead and manage an effective regional hub which can efficiently create, plan, deliver and report on industry leading campaigns that are then activated at a local level.
· Work with local markets to understand their cultural differences to ensure all campaigns are relevant across WEU.
· Manage our external agencies to create, plan and deliver industry leading campaigns that have a defined objective.
· Work closely with the relevant marketing, PR, brand, event and creative teams to ensure we are telling consistent integrated stories that successfully develop the reputation and awareness of Huawei CBG within the media and to consumers.
· Feed into the overarching WEU communications strategy alongside the Head of PR and Head of Events and execute successfully across Western Europe.
· Work alongside multiple stakeholders including the Western European local PR/social/KOL teams, the regional Marketing team and HQ PR team.
· Manage budgets relating to KOL and social media activation, from presenting to the senior management team for approval, through to campaign delivery and reconciliation, working closely with the operations team.
· Work with local teams to ensure market best practice and streamlined reporting.
· Understand and use social media reporting and analytics tools to ensure our strategic approach to communication remains targeted and effective.
· Draft social media and KOL materials including toolkits, posts and reports.
· Line management and leadership responsibility for the Junior KOL Manager.
· More than 10 years' experience obtained within an agency or in-house environment.
· Deep understanding and experience of social media and the KOL landscape. The candidate needs to be up to speed with what's happening in the social world.
· Experience of pan-European hub management and local execution plus social/KOL toolkit creation.
· Passion and understanding of consumer technology.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Creative, self-motivated and proactive. Always-on mentality is essential.
· Can work at speed and enjoy challenges and getting involved.
· Team player and able to work in close collaboration with others to achieve common goals.
· Responsible and takes ownership of the assigned tasks.
· Eye for detail, well-organized and used to simultaneously working on several projects at any one time.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Fluency in English, other Tier 1 European languages an added benefit.
Data Protection Policy can be read here:
Recruitment Privacy Notice can be read here: