1st and 2nd line Service Desk Engineer at our Bluechip FTSE 100 Aerospace customer.
This job is a good opportunity to support a corporate enterprise, in an extremely interesting high tech manufacturing environment.
We at BTL IT Solutions pride ourselves in the quality and delivery of our services, the successful candidate must share our passion for this pride. Customer focus is absolutely key to our success.
Based across our 3 customer's sites in Bristol. However, during COVID-19 the successful candidate will only be expected to undertake tasks onsite which are absolutely necessary, all other responsibilities will be undertaken from home.
The role will involve:
- During COVID-19 supporting the business in effective working from home through video conferencing, VPN etc.
- Answering calls and triaging all types of tickets at a first line level.
- Providing second line support for:
- Windows 10
- Hardware maintenance through a 3rd party (warranty)
- Mimecast Email Archiving System
- Active directory administration
- Change Control of the desktop environment
- Management and resolution of calls using the customer's service management package
- Deploying software via SCCM Remote support through RDP, SCCM Remote control, WebEx and Dameware.
- VOIP support
- Deployment of desktops and laptops to new and existing users
- Patching and 1st line network support
This is a contract role for an initial limited term of 6 months, but there will be opportunities for a long term extension for a successful candidate.
Interviews will be conducted via video conference.