Moonbug is seeking a Revenue Accountant to support the Finance team. This role is based in our London office in the heart of Camden Town. At Moonbug, you will be working with some of the biggest brands in family entertainment; This is an exciting role and opportunity for someone looking to build their media industry experience.
You will be responsible for overseeing all revenue streams including content sales, digital advertising, music, original production commission and licensing to name but a few. Each stream has a different business model and a corresponding, often complex contract so ideally you will have a background in interpreting contracts and how clauses impact revenue recognition.
Previous experience of managing revenue transactions for any of these business models before would be of huge benefit, however a demonstrable background in licensing and merchandising revenue is vital to be a success in this role. You must be comfortable in handling booking of royalty accruals, advances and guarantee shortfalls as well as dealing with invoicing and payments directly with licensees and via our global network of licensing agents. Knowledge of how to deal with WHT would also be a bonus.
Every day is different in Moonbug. To thrive, you will have a flexible, can-do mindset, always looking at how to improve processes and do more with less to improve the speed and accuracy of revenue transactions. A background in media would help, but more important is the ability to deal with ambiguity, and a truly fast paced environment.Responsibilities
- Drive revenue accounting month-end close processes by creating and validating accruals, preparing and posting journal entries whilst ensuring policy compliance, all to agreed timelines.
- Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow, whilst identifying and recommending continuous improvement initiatives related to revenue processes, championing any new processes which support the departmental and organisational objectives.
- Document sales contracts and related revenue accounting treatment in accordance with company policies.
- Assistance with budgeting and forecasting across all revenue streams, as required.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, mainly deferred revenue and costs.
- Involvement in the annual audit process for the Group.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience:Necessary
- Other ad-hoc tasks as and when these arise.
- Previous experience of accounting for merchandise royalties
- A recognised accountancy qualification - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Knowledge of WHT
- Strong excel skills
- Knowledge of Netsuite would be beneficial, but not essential
- Familiar with commercial contracts