Job DescriptionJob title: Marketing ManagerReports into: Managing DirectorThis job is based in BristolResponsible for: Marketing Assistants, Stream Team Supervisors, Ticket Representatives, Graphic Designers, Photographers, Videographers
Lakota is a landmark venue in Bristol that operates two distinct venues; Lakota nightclub which is an iconic dance music venue that has been open since 1992 and Lakota Gardens a new socially distanced outdoor venue which has allowed the business to continue running events in a safe environment during the pandemic. The nightclub has not been able to open since March 2020 and Lakota Gardens has evolved significantly over the four months of the venue being able to trade in 2020.
We are on the lookout for a talented Marketing Manager to join us and help market our brands and both venues.
The venues have further exciting opportunities for the year ahead in which we anticipate socially distanced events to continue into the later part of 2021. We are hoping that the nightclub can be reopened towards the end of 2021. We anticipate Lakota Gardens to reopen in April.
The ideal candidate will oversee the marketing for Lakota Gardens & Lakota Nightclub once the nightclub can reopen. The chosen candidate will be working in a fast paced environment, organising & marketing events taking place up to 7 days a week.
Lakota maintains a policy that lineups should be balanced & inclusive and be representative of Bristol which is a diverse city with a fantastic music heritage. As a business we like to be fully engaged with what is going on in the city of Bristol and in particular in the community of St Pauls. We support city wide projects and those that benefit the community local to business.
Lakota Gardens will be open up to seven days a week, Lakota Nightclub opens four nights a week on average. Last years events included; Funk & Soul, Disco, House, Drum and Bass, Afrobeat, World Music, Funky House, Garage, Comedy, Circus, Drag shows, Carnival Events, Run of six shows with Russell Howard.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and communicate effectively with the rest of the management team and prepare reports for the company directors
- Self motivated, ambitious, energetic, committed enthusiastic, get up & go attitude
- Adaptable to working hours, some periods of the year will require extra hours
- Project monthly marketing plans covering all media platforms
- Plan for weekly events
- Must be organised with excellent time management skills
- Oversee multiple marketing campaigns simultaneously - giving management guidelines of what events should be released
- Delegate tasks to the existing marketing assistants and oversee their work to ensure it is completed to a high standard / delivered on time / relevant to trends and market
- Complete weekly planning / scheduling meeting with marketing team and feed back schedule meeting notes with management
- If staff must work from home - Carry out daily catch ups with team / set tasks / review end of the day the completed tasks and feedback to management
- Forward and innovative thinking
- Produce budgets & cashup events
- The ability to inspire and motivate the marketing team to perform to the best of their abilities
Oversee full marketing campaigns for all events at Lakota Gardens & Nightclub this includes:
- Writing all event blurbs making sure all info is clear / correct and updated regularly if details change
- Launching of all events on social media platforms with a clear launch structure to ensure success
- Draft, oversee & evaluate weekly email marketing campaigns
- Development of social media strategy to drive engagement and followers
- Weekly reports on success of marketing campaigns
- Weekly analytics on marketing spend to ensure there is a return on investment
- Content curation and creation; keeping a keen eye on social media to watch for new trends that can be used in relation to the club.
- Loading tickets to all our ticket platforms / daily reviews of sales
- Maximising Eventbrite as a means to promote events
- Creating & overseeing adverts on Facebook Ads Manager, google Ads Manager & any other relevant platforms
- Ensure there are regular updates across our five facebook pages, instagram, twitter, tik tok & any other relevant social media accounts
- Draft press releases & contact press for the launch of bigger events
- Liaise with promoters from the idea stage through to the delivery of their event
- Delegate tasks to the rest of the marketing team, there are currently three marketing assistants; they are all assigned key areas of the marketing process. This is to be reviewed monthly on reflection of tasks set for the team
- Ensure events are listed on all listing sites including the Lakota website
- Look into ways of using the Lakota website to connect & engage our audiences
- Coordinate the team to replying to ticketing enquiries, this includes refunding tickets and moving shows due to government restrictions
- Use online task scheduling app to feed workflow to the team
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS
- Work with graphic designers to ensure we have quality graphics ready to launch events
- Graphic skills & basic photoshop skills
- Knowledge of a range of music genres and artists, including House, Disco, Techno, Drum & Bass and Jungle
- Knowledge of comedy & fringe events
- Excellent communication and writing ability
- Good relationship with local & national promoters
- Know local DJs and artists in Bristol
- Have previous experience in ticket management
- 2+ years Marketing experience preferred
- Knowledge of advertising platforms
- Experience with Wordpress, SEO, Mailchimp & CRM systems
- Ability to use Google Workspace
Hours: 10 - 6pm office based Monday - Friday, there is the opportunity to work at some of the events taking place