Who are we?
We have been around since 1996. You will be able to find us in most convenience stores so take a look next time you go to your corner shop. We have different payment services ranging from bill payments to card services and ATM's. PayPoint manages £15 billion worth of transactions every year, for over 6,000 clients. We are proud of these numbers and are looking for your help to continue to grow.Why are we recruiting?
At PayPoint we look for people to join us who have a real flair for technology, who are enthusiastic and willing to take up day to day challenges. We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner to join us and take ownership in helping the development teams and third party suppliers reach maximum value in the products and services we offer. What will you be doing?
You act as the interface between the development teams, third party suppliers and other groups with requests on their time, finding the right balance between competing priorities and setting clear priorities.
You work closely with Product Managers and stakeholders across the business for the products you are responsible for. Where commercial stakeholders look after the commercial health of products and long-term vision, you translate relevant initiatives into detailed work for the team (internal and third party) by maintaining a backlog of user stories, explaining the vision of each new change and ensuring the team delivers regular incremental improvements. You balance the need to deliver new features with feedback from team on ways to improve the product technically, ensuring that technical debt is paid back in a sensible timescale when it is accrued.Key points of the role -
What would we like from you?
- Take ownership for the integrated PPOS solution as a platform, PayPoint terminals and the PayPoint services are delivered through PPOS (or the future PayPoint-as-a Service).
- Responsible for PayPoint as a platform, enabling third party applications to be delivered through terminals easily and with minimal impact for delivery and operational teams.
- Plan and execute central releases targeted for PayPoint (terminal and back office systems) for the successful delivery of terminal product deliverables.
- Explain the product roadmap and vision to the team
- Take feedback across various teams across PayPoint and use this to maintain a prioritised backlog of bugs, product improvements that should be delivered alongside new product features.
- Undertake the lead oversight for releases targeted for PayPoint terminals where the delivery can include development across multiple teams.
- Act as the ambassador owner of the release where multiple product owners may have assigned backlog items. Sign-off on regression testing undertaken by the Platform team where functional testing may be undertaken by other teams.
- Maintain sprint and release plans for current initiatives, so it is clear to everyone interested what features will be in each release and the team understands how the backlog is expected to be delivered.
- Run sprint planning sessions so that the team always understands the current committed work and sprint review meetings so that stakeholders outside the team can understand what has been delivered and the priorities items in the backlog.
- Run backlog elaboration sessions with the team to ensure there is always a suitable depth of stories in the backlog that the team can take on in the next sprint.
- Assess the value of new stories suggested by people across the business, expand the content to clearly express what is required and prioritise them in the backlog in conjunction with the Product Manager.
- Own the in-store experience for retailers and customers.
- Co-ordinate with Service Management over issues and own a backlog of problem fixes, continuous improvements and platform features within the BAU development stream and/or third-party providers.
- Prioritise and manage problems for the products that you own. Aid Service Managers and support teams in the resolution of queries.
- Management of the Technical Accreditation Analyst for PPOS and card services accreditations.
- Manage third parties for technical solutions (and accreditation/certification where applicable)
- Take ownership and responsibility for ensuring that the product roadmap. Once delivered ensure that it is fit for purpose and own the roll out to internal communities as well as external customers.
· Strong experience of IoT and smart devices (especially Android).
· Knowledge of integrated solutions where third parties will integrate for transactional services.
· Ability to communicate clearly to technical teams to explain requirements and answer questions.
· Good written communication skills.What can we do for you?
You can expect a rewarding experience working with us in our head office in Welwyn Garden City as part of our Retail Engineering Team.
You will benefit from a range of company benefits such as:
- 25 days holiday for full-time employees
- Free parking
- Life Assurance of x3 gross annual salary with the option to purchase additional cover
- Private medical single cover with the option to purchase additional cover
- Social & charity events
- Onsite Gym