EWT is a Dutch headquartered designer, supplier, and O&M provider of its high performance 250kW-1MW wind turbine range. EWT is at the heart of the global transition towards lower carbon and more sustainable forms of power generation, helping individuals, businesses and communities of all sizes to become distributed energy champions.
Our award-winning sub-MW wind turbines have been enabling new generation locations and repowering existing sites for customers in three continents for more than fifteen years. Since 2004, EWT has been creating distributed energy champions by supplying the most economical and reliable direct drive wind turbines for localized energy generation. Over the years, we have continually challenged ourselves to improve our products to lower the cost of energy of our turbines. Today, with over 600 turbines installed across North America, Europe, and Asia, EWT has a proven, certified, and high-performing product range for the decentralized wind sector, including energy solutions and integration with other sources of generation.
Due to our ambitious international expansion strategy we have several excellent career opportunities for professionals whose sense of commitment, motivation, innovation and technical excellence equals our own. We strongly believe that our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable assets: our talented and motivated employees
For our wind turbines in the UK, we are looking for an Assist On-Call Service Technicians (experienced and starter) for the regions of Belast (Northern Ireland), who is responsible for the service and maintenance of our wind turbines during the weekends and bank holidays. You are part of our Operations & Service department and work closely with our HQ in the Netherlands.
- Your main goal will be to be available during the weekends and bank holidays and perform all activities related to the commissioning, maintenance and repair of our wind turbines in Northern Ireland
- This contains physically demanding labour as you will be frequently climbing our turbines (75 m) and performing tasks that require fierce force
- You are responsible for the checking and quality of all components as well as recognizing interconnections within the system's architecture.
- During all activities you are responsible for maintaining customer contact on site to update them on the status.
- You are accountable for the safe and effective operation of all kinds of electronical and mechanical parts in the EWT turbines.
- Continuously improving the performance of our wind turbines based on the error/gap analysis, response times and Operational Data statistics
What do you bring?
- You need to have proven experience or a degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering would be nice
- You either have a climbing certificate or are willing to get this trough us
- You do need to have your driver's licence
- You are in excellent physical health and do not suffer from vertigo
- You are able to work under pressure
- You are willing to learn on the job and are able to travel
- You are located around Belfast (Northern Ireland) and are willing to travel
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues.
If you match our criteria, please do send us your motivation and cv to Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources), at email@example.com.
We do not appreciate acquisition from agencies on this vacancy!