Seeking strong Azure solution architecture experience to help us build a managed service practice from the ground up, to compliment our other cloud offerings.
Remote position to be based anywhere in the UK, now and post-COVID.
Limited travel required, approximately 10-20%.
As part of the Sungard Availability Services NextGen Public Cloud team you will work closely with your colleagues to deliver all aspects of the Managed Azure Cloud service, from solution design and implementation to operational handover and ongoing improvement and optimisation while putting the customer at the centre of everything that you do.
As a customer-facing Azure Solutions Architect you will engage with a variety of stakeholders in your customers' organisations to drive high priority initiatives ensuring the realisation of business value while leveraging your deep technical Azure platform expertise to ensure optimal solution design.
You will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud adoption and deployment.
The Azure Solutions Architect provide technical and strategic feedback on improvements to product strategy, pricing, and big deal processes, using "Voice of the Customer" contributions from operations and implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
1. Retain ownership of the technical customer engagement through pre- and post-sales, including architectural design sessions, documentation, specific implementation projects and/or proofs of concepts as required.
2. Work with Customers, Sales, Product Management, and the DevOps team where your engagement will ensure that we drive modern managed services for our customers.
3. Deliver the customer experience from the sales cycle through delivery and lifecycle, ensuring customer satisfaction and providing upsell capabilities leveraging platform and solution capabilities to add value.
4. Work with diverse stakeholders to ensure the design and delivery of optimised Azure customer environments ensuring that they meet all functional and non-functional requirements.
5. Design solution which includes due consideration for steady state operations and continued delivery of value to our customers.
6. Engage productively with the engineers and architects within our Customers' organizations by taking an application-centric view of the workload and solution appropriately utilizing knowledge of design and specification of infrastructure solutions, modern software architectures and cloud-native tools and methods.
· Certification in Azure Cloud Architecture (AZ-303, AZ-304). Essential.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Preferred.
· You must have 10+ years' experience as a Solutions Architect with 5+ years' experience in designing and delivering Azure solutions. Essential.
· Deep understanding of security best practices and experience designing solutions aligning with various Compliance Programmes. Essential.
· Deep technical experience in enterprise mobile, identity and access control, and security solutions. Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols and a background in cyber security. Desirable.
· Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends. Essential.