Principal Engineer position to help a UK leading energy tech company to expand internationally.
You would be working to adapt an existing real-time smart platform which supports our UK energy supply business. This platform has been built with scale and technical quality in mind, as the first real-time energy system
created using functional programming (Scala) and event sourcing (Kafka).
This role is for a senior technical leader,
driving the platform international strategy
to prove that we can deliver on our long term plans and do some heavy lifting to ensure that we are making good architectural decisions across the board. You'll be responsible for designing and planning the new architecture
for the generic pipeline, with support from existing team members who have experience of the existing pipeline.
This work could be building proof of concepts
, delivering code into production, whiteboarding or collaborating with other engineers at various levels to achieve needed steps. You'll work alongside a leadership team including product, delivery and design to achieve the overall goal. They are looking for:
Key responsibilities include:
- Hands-on engineers with expertise in at least one programming language - if your experience doesn't match our stack exactly then don't worry, my clients, hire based on software engineering talent, not a language-specific skillset.
- Engineers with deep experience in similar technologies and also polyglots who are comfortable working across the stack.
- Delivery of the real-time smart data platform into international markets
- Be able to strategically plan the international expansion and take ownership over a project which will change the whole scope of the organisation
- Building additions or new services to support the French platform alongside existing teams
- Defining data models and pipelines
Keywords: international expansion, clean code, Architecture, strategy, PoC, functional programming, cloud native, real-time, event sourcing