Cathedral Appointments are currently seeking an experienced IT Technician to join a growing IT company based in Exeter. They are a business that pride themselves on providing an excellent service to their customers so candidates should have experience dealing with customers. Supporting the Senior IT Technician and the Technical Director to resolve support requests with hardware, software, and network systems, as well as to meet customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
This role would suit someone who is experienced to a second line level or who is currently working at first line and looking to progress.
- To respond to, analyse and diagnose, and resolve client IT issues via phone, email and helpdesk, ensuring SLAs are adhered to.
- To acquire, set up and install hardware, software and network products and services where required, either remotely or on-site.
- To provide expert and accurate IT advice to clients where required.
- To ensure a high standard of customer care at all times
- Keeping clients and users informed of progress with IT issues, equipment or software supply, projects and other works;
- Managing client expectations correctly;
- Working with the rest of the team to identify any repeat issues or predictable problems and putting in place pro-active mechanisms to reduce impact on clients and users.
- Previous experience in an IT support role;
- Administration of common IT processes
- Troubleshooting LAN, WLAN and WAN issues and familiarity with common components (including switches, access points, routers, firewalls etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft directory, productivity and cloud services (including Active Directory, Microsoft 365 and Office 365, Exchange Online etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both on the phone, in writing and in person
- To work effectively with minimal direction
This is a great opportunity to join a long standing and growing IT company in Exeter. It would suit either someone who is experienced to a second line level or first line who is looking to develop. Apply today for more information! Closing Date:
Please note that we will accept applications up to the closing date, however all suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received, and the client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
If you have the skills and experience stated, please apply NOW!Disclaimer:
employment agency, employment agency Exeter, employment agency Devon, job agency, job agency Exeter, job agency Devon, job agencies, job agencies Exeter, job agencies Devon, recruitment, recruitment agency, recruitment agencies, recruitment agencies Exeter, recruitment agencies Devon, recruitment consultancy, recruitment Exeter, recruitment Devon, jobs Exeter, jobs Devon, south west jobs, Cornwall jobs, Somerset, IT jobs, IT Technician, 1st Line, 2nd Line, IT Engineer, IT support