Meddbase is an online digital healthcare framework which has been designed and developed by Medical Management Systems Ltd.
In 2004, we created a comprehensive healthcare web-application that runs all aspects of a medical practice, from GP practices up to large hospitals groups. Our product enables single and multiple location private medical practices to connect securely to their data from any location worldwide. The business is thriving and we are proudly the leading online medical management system on the UK market.Purpose of the Role:
As a Technical Architect, you will be working within the NHS Development Team where you will be responsible for the technical design, development and introduction of the Meddbase solution.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to make credible technical and functional decisions and communicate to ensure the right technical direction is followed.
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders, to develop and assure new end to end solutions features, keeping a line of sight across at least one domain / area of the enterprise, making recommendations on remediation, retirement or replacement of functionality and services, and reducing technical debt.
- Having responsibility for delivering technology wireframes, proposing and implementing standards, and adopting frameworks for best practice. This will be in one or many domains relevant to your skill set.
- Designing performant, resilient, scalable and maintainable solutions that are both easy to use and cost efficient.
- Playing a key role in our Architectural Governance processes.
- Ability to create detailed design documentation for the development of our system in accordance to business needs.
- Significant experience of business change, rationalisation and transformation activities and solutions.
Relevant Experience Required:
- Excellent understanding of information security and the embedding of information security protocols in solution designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A confident communicator who can create consensus with diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to work with the minimum of direct supervision.
- Experience of working in healthcare and delivering healthcare applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge or healthcare integration standards including FHIR/HL7.
- Participation in the delivery of enterprise ICT services.
- Demonstrable experience in designing, integrating and managing solutions in both on premise and cloud environments.
- Has proven the ability to be able to identify and produce solution architecture.
- Demonstrated that they are able to engage with stakeholders and suppliers to define and document solution architecture for the NHS Programme.
- Ensure re-use and alignment with technical standards (including NHSD Overarching Standards) and re-use of platform components.
- Can develop data collection standards and models.
- Have substantial NHS industry experience within an Information Technology domain.
- Proven ability to transfer and develop skills and knowledge into new technical areas at short notice to maintain a relevant technical skillset.
- Business system & technical data analysis in an IT environment.
- At least 6 years of working experience in one or multiple IT areas.
- IT infrastructure and cloud development.
- Engineering and software architecture design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Stakeholder management - engaging with a wide range of stakeholders to develop and assure end to end solutions.
- Problem solving.
- Decision making.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
** Medical Management Systems is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability status.