Business Analyst £70,000London
An international Lloyd's Market insurer are looking for a Business Analyst to join their underwriting team. We are looking for someone with strong Lloyd's market knowledge and business process experience.
You will be an integral part of the team; responsible for the build, support, and continuous improvement their next-generation Pricing Platform.
You will be required to identify, shape, and specify business and systems requirements on a range of Products and Pricing Models across a host of business classes. This role will ultimately be responsible for supporting the business through all stages of change.Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of insurance processes, ideally London Market experience and particularly an understanding of pricing insurance risk.
- Understanding and experience of the project lifecycle and SDLC, including agile project delivery methods.
- Able to gather business requirements and produce documentation to a high standard.
- Ability to configure package systems once training has been provided.
- Deep understanding of process re-engineering, process improvement and process mapping.
- Good analytical skills. Able to identify issues and solve problems in a logical manner.
- Able to communicate to all levels of the business from senior management downwards and experienced at dealing with client/users.
- Able to work well on assigned projects, providing end to end support and taking ownership of solutions.
- Effective planning and organization skills, being able to meet tight deadlines.
- A team player, pro-active, confident, logical and tenacious.
- Basic data analysis skills e.g. PowerPivot, SQL queries.
- Able to recognise potential assignments outside areas of specialisation, challenge current processes and willing to suggest new ideas and change.
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the IT industry.
- Business Analysis experience gained within an IT environment.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server, Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and PowerPoint.
- Degree Level or above in Science, Maths, Computing, Engineering, or related subject.
- LLMIT (the Lloyd's and London Market Introductory Test) Certificate or CII equivalent.