Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Microsoft .NET Developer
The Software Developer will focus on the analysis and development/coding and testing of core applications and use/apply technologies best suited to be used for production environments. These tools and products support Fitch's research and analysis creation and risk management functions of the business.Primary Responsibilities
To work with Technical Project Leads, Business Analysts and other Analyst Programmers to write applicable code to develop applications for use by the company. Architect and design applications and databases in conjunction with Technical head of the development team. Document the design and technical specification of systems, mainly within the code base and UML. Assist on project planning, effort estimation and progress review. Provide accurate estimates and deliver against them. Code and test applications. Review delivered applications for compliance with designs. Work with the Quality Analysts to ensure that the framework and coding standards are adhered to. Liaise with users and colleagues in Bangalore, London and US offices in the development of software. Identify methods, approaches and technologies that may improve our software development processes. Troubleshooting and Debugging applications.Experience Required
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience of C#.NET (v4.5 minimum) and at least one of the following: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API or WCF (Windows Communication Foundation).
- Hands-On experience with using C#, Linq, .Net Multi-threading and .Net design patterns.
- Hands-On experience with messaging and queuing architectures.
- Hands-On experience with Unit Testing in .Net, for example using, NUnit, XUnit FakeItEasy etc.
- Hands-On experience with Dependency Injection in .Net, for example using Unity, NInject etc.
- PL/SQL stored procedures, views, triggers and relational data modelling and design.
- Hands-On experience with SCM tools, for example using, TFS, GIT, SVN etc.
- Hands-On experience with CI/CD tools, for example using, Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Above knowledge and experience will have been gained in a commercial environment .
Using REST WebServices Using cloud technologies from AWS or Azure in .Net MongoDB.or other NoSQL database Using .Net Core VSTO HTML5
Strong academic background, educated to degree level, ideally in computer science or engineering Excellent interpersonal / relation building skill Excellent problem solving and persistence to solve complex issues Highly motivated to deliver results and meet deadlines
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the